cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nwobcw
Advisor

Re: John Roach marketing

No.  The family I am familiar with would be Carl and Ruth Cook.  They had 1 son, Larry.   Son would be about 55 now.   My parents used to play cards with them in the 50s 60s and 70s.  I lost my dad 32 years ago so I suppose they are gone now too.  They would be in their 90s by now.   I remember Carl had a brother I think he farmed with but don't know his name.

0 Kudos
Ron (Cen. IL.)
Frequent Contributor

I just have dial-up internet so I read the text version, but I believe a video of Market to Market is available at:  http://www.iptv.org/mtom/default.cfm

A list of the hosts and analyst should be at:   http://www.iptv.org/mtom/about.cfm

0 Kudos
Pupdaddy
Advisor

..I believe Carl and his wife have both passed on, but Larry is still farming and teaching. I haven't talked to him in years. He farms about 5 miles east of me toward Green Springs.

0 Kudos
nwobcw
Advisor

Yes now that you mention it I do remember something about Larry teaching.  He would be about my sister's age about 5 years younger than me.  I lost contact with them back in '92 when my mother passed on.   As a kid I remember the laughing and joking they did playing cards on Saturday nights.  Sure brings back the memories.  They got together with Druckenmillers from Lindsay.   I get a Christmas card from them every year.  That reminds me to stop in and see them.

0 Kudos
nwobcw
Advisor

Pup, are you familiar with a Frankhouser on the corner of rt. 53 and county or township rd.38?   How far off rt. 20 is it?   Going to look at a tractor there.

0 Kudos
Roy_Smith
Frequent Contributor

I have known John Roach since we were on a panel together at the soybean Expo in Houston in 1992. The experience you had with the caller is out of character for John's organization. His recommendations are based on a technical system overlaid with seasonal patterns. They frequently make sales very close to the top of intermediate term cycles. Occasionally, when in a very strong trend, the sales recommendations will come way too early and sell well blow the top. There is no system, technical, fundamental or seasonal that will hit the top every time. I suggest you send an e-mail to Roach Ag and tell them how you were treated by your caller. I don't believe John will be happy with what happened...Soyroy 

0 Kudos