cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Just Because....

Just because their ad is a complete nuisance, I will never use "Nutricor" on my farm.  Smiley Frustrated  Smiley Mad

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Re: Just Because....

I think we all get different side bar ads. 

Latham seeds is the offender here on my screen on the note pad I have been using.

They have the same chance as your nutricor outfit ... none.

Would love to have a few minutes with the president of the company and the idiot programmer 

that dreamt this thing up.

Highlighted
Veteran Contributor

Web master  normally I would not say anything about this problem but since others have started this complaint thread I might as well throw in my pet peeves.

Ditto's to the above posters although those ads aren't bothering me. But have had those same experience's with other obnoxious ad's covering up posts so parts of the posts aren't readable. Does not happen too often but it does happen................

Now on to my problem. I use a desktop and firefox to view this sight. Now when I click onto an new post and it loads you might as well close your eyes for a few seconds because if you start reading you are interrupted by the ads loading off the sides as the computer keeps moving the words up and down on the screen as the multiple ad windows keep the processor busy rearranging the screen to accommodate ads and words. You need ping pong eyes as the lines of words bounce up and down on the screen.

And the rate of bounce changes as the load on the Internet changes. If you are reading when the load on the net is light no problem but if the net is busy the rate of time you meed to wait for the acrobatics on the screen to settle down is longer............

Now onto a word of support for this sight. Gentleman and the few ladies reading, this we all know or should know that advertising is what keeps radio television and yes even this Ag sight on the air. It is a necessary evil as the ads pay for all what we are looking at. But boy oh boy can some of those ads tick a reader off.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

I read somewhere the other day , that many sites put up them pop up add's on posters that they have a problem with - or a pain in the you know what ? This is to discourage them for posting up dumbchit - 

As for me - I have never had any problems -- what so ever ---  Smiley Very Happy

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

No problems here either. Use an I-phone BTW.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Booked,
I have the same issue with jumping words. It has taught me patience! Lol....but I would still like it to go away!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

I don't see any ads.

0 Kudos