cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veteran Advisor

Re: Re:Dave, check Your

Checking those culverts and bridges is a good practice.

This happened in Ontario this spring when one section of the concrete bridge collapsed. Footing gave way.

small SNC00002.jpg

Sorry about the quality, first time posting a picture. Need some practice.

Sprayer was just starting its second season and was a write off.

Driver was 'shook up' but uninjured.

The only leak was some hydraulic oil and they put a pail under it so little hit the ground, and yes the chemical was in the tank and it was full.

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor

Re: Tend to disagree, demand for corn sucks

Did I just here Illinois is in a drought,  KaChing.  It doesn't affect national yield any, and anything under 200 an acre is a disaster.  It only affects price cause Chicago is in Illinois.

0 Kudos
Veteran Contributor

Re: 67guy your talking a "paper" price

Net CASH price is approx $3.55 per bu last week ( National Cah Index of say 3.56 ).

Hopefully You see the $5 paper.   Only problem is basis will likely be an approx Minus $1.  Puts Net CASH for most at $4.

It just seems there are SOOOO many folks holding for $4 cash, that might be one of those phsychologic market Lids that's tough to crack on a Net CASH price.

We'll see.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor

Earth to rightone

I see you've got southern third of Iowa at "zero" production....may I suggest getting additional sources of information as the southern three Iowa crop districts will grow a combined corn crop of 320-360 milliion bushels in 2010

PS---your thoughts on corn basis are out past Pluto as well

0 Kudos
Veteran Contributor

Where did you read that Illinois was in a drought?  If anything the crop in Illinois has been hurt by too much water more than too little.  The crop in Illinois will be better than a lot of guys think.  There will be some poor crops but I suppose there always is.  I'm hoping for average.  Seriously, where did you read that Illinois is in a drought?  Or is this just more of your Illinois bashing BS?

0 Kudos
Veteran Contributor

Re: 67guy your talking a "paper" price

$4 cash is not out of the realm of possibilty here.  We were within a few cents of it last week on old crop and I sold some more new crop at a bid of $4.08.  No $1 basis here  Markwright.  Maybe whatever planet you live on but not here.

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor

I heard it from kinsman in his first post in this thread.

0 Kudos
Veteran Contributor

Yeah he isn't that far from me and they have been dry.  It doesn't qualify as a drought but they have been pretty dry while areas such as mine say only twenty or thirty miles away have been fortunate enough to catch some rains.  He has actually been quite a bit hotter too.  The line has been that fine the last few weeks.  His crops are no doubt suffering and a week of mid nineties on some of the soils in his area won't be pretty.  I haven't been down that way for a while but I have no reason to doubt him in his assessment of his crop.  Maybe I'll take a ride later today.  Illinois will be spotty.  I think the southern third of Illinois looks pretty good and so does the northern third.  The central third is a real mixed bag.  Crops in that area will range from really bad to really good.  Illinois' crop will be down a little but I think higher than many are expecting.  The wildcard now is how much the heat this week will take off.  My corn is almost all dented with some of it denting a week ago.  We might lose some kernal depth with a week of mid nineties but with adequate moisture I don't think it will be too bad.  Still hoping for a good crop here.  A little farther north of me you are going to hear some stupid good yields.  Those guys might have their best crop ever up there.  Good luck to everyone.

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

THis thread has been funny to read!Smiley Very Happy  I doubt that anyone really knows I do think you guys need to remeber that Livestock won't run with you guys this tiome it will run away!  I think that from here on out corn gets to 4.50 on the board say by DEC.  If that happens The demand driven mkt dries right up.  I have heard of two large dairies on my are go up for sale this week. NOt with signs but they have been offered.  ANy how Mark good to swsee you back over here. I' ll wager a load of broken down holstiens against that load of beef babies!  LOL.

NOx and Zman thanks for your thoughts they were very good.

And Ray is PLUTO north or south of the IOWA line down there? LOL JR

0 Kudos
Contributor

"Only market corn has is E, livestock sectors have shrunk."

Hey Ringtone, maybe its just your back door, I sold corn a few weeks ago for -.14 the dec. and it went to a Cargill feedlot in this area. Surprised the heck out of me. Of course its much higher now but at the time it was a good sell. I'm in far western Kansas. 

0 Kudos