cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Honored Advisor

Re: Rooks & Graham County

We started spraying and planting right behind the first rain ten days ago in the sand.  Ran all the hours we could for 6 days before the wind dried us out.  Got most of the normal dry land milo planted.  If we get any more today or tomorrow we will be back at it and if the moisture is still there we will plant all the wheat that is not cuttable.  Take a shot at a milo crop and hopefully have cover for next winter.  Every cloud bank reminds us how long it has been.  Nice to have moisture in the air.

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

I'm glad I can't say I feel your pain.  I had a lousy milo crop last year, but I've never failed to raise at least one crop in a calendar year due to drought.  I can only imagine what it must be like going through that for 3 consecutive years.  I'm praying that your weather has finally turned for you and hoping that the worst is behind you.  Good luck on that sorghum, hope it's a bumper crop.

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Keeping fingers and toes crossed that you get more than a trace out of the showers that look to be headed your way sw.

I see the dewpoint in Elkhart and Ulysses is 60 degrees.  That's as high as I remember seeing it for some time.  Good luck!!

We're not nearly as wet as areas to the south and east of us in Iowa, SE MN and WI but we are wet enough here in Le Sueur County that the ground smells bad in spots.

Senior Advisor

Rooks & Graham County

Hobby, Rooks and Graham Counties are on the radar again.  Surely it can't dodge you twice in a the same week can it?

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

weather1.jpg

weather2.jpg

weather3.jpg

What do you know, rain clouds do still appear in Kansas.  Looks like ole Hobby didn't need this on his western operation.  Smiley Very Happy  By the time it took me to edit these pics & get them posted, the skies opened up and blessed us with nice rain.  I'll post amounts in an hour or two.

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

Not as much as I would have liked or even as much as the radar looked like we would receive.  .26"

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

A post rock fence  ------------- ???

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

Nope SW, 2" pipe I believe.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

picture at the bottom ---- lower right

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Not sure how much but it stopped the spray guy, he just got to the field and it cut loose.

Said the south farm had had more rain than the others in the last go around as it still had dark spots out in it, Now it is all dark Smiley Happy Still haven't got enough to change the lack of subsoil condition yet

Sure hope that next cloud out on the Colorado border holds together long enough to get to Stockton with a good rain. (good friend of mine farms NW of town and needs a good soaker. )

0 Kudos