cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Kansas Wheat-

how long before y'all can tell if there was any damage done from Mon-Tues cold?

saw a low temp gradient map for 4/15 ---some areas central-western dipped into the teens...can anyone confirm that?

thanks.

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: Kansas Wheat-

My thermometer was showing 22 for an over night low.  It'll take a few days for the damage to show up, but I don't know exactly how long.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

i know "technically speaking" that if it's not jointing - shouldn't be too bad...and maybe it's too dry to matter anyway.....you know i laugh WITH you -- the way yours kept bouncing back after all the freezes last spring???--you have made lite of that.

maybe some COLD gene mutations occured after last year to make it more resistant......life is hearty like that!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Well the weather may be able to take my crops from me, but my sense of humor is all mine and is here to stay.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Contributor

Here in oklahoma too early to tell on wheat but we were in the boot stage and low was 24 for 2.5 hours??? Canola variety pioneer is falling and twisting terribly??? Dekalb looks much better but some damage noticeable!!!! Oh joy life is good farming sucks!!!!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Hey M-Farmer, cheer up you're a farmer.  If it were easy they'd call it "growing" not "farming".

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

If it were easy everybody would be doing this sh!t and we couldn't get any land.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Who needs more land?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Contributor

How much ya got? Us young bucks would take all we can get!* 

* Based on an informal survey of classmates in the Ag dep't.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Don't have a lot, but what I do have is all mine.  Instead of looking for additional acres, why not make your existing acres more productive.  As soon as all my acres are as productive as possible, then I'll look at expanding my land base.

0 Kudos