cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor

Kluis Comments 12/13

Brrr- we had negative 23 degree temps with wind-chill this morning, with 20 inches of snow over the past weekend. At least my roof held up – more than you can say for the Metrodome in down town Minneapolis. It will be a hectic couple of days with a seminar tonight in Sioux Falls, then one more in Willmar, Minnesota tomorrow and our Second Tuesday Webinar tomorrow night. Thank goodness for internet in the car!

Meanwhile in the markets, after a lower start last night good end user buying and positive news out of China – yes they have inflation, but no they are going to hold off on raising interest rates for a few months---inflation continues to increase and is a concern. If you want to slow down food inflation, the last thing you would do is slow down grain imports. I look for a choppy market, and a lot of the time cycles and patterns I work with project higher prices into December 20 to 24. I am optimistic about the price outlook but concerned with a possible ECC (Euro Currency Collapse) which would be a major negative for global stock and commodity prices. Stay disciplined and make sales based on the profit level you are at – not some of the wildly bullish forecasts you can read. 

Hopefully the weather is warmer in your neck of the woods,

Al

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Kluis Comments 12/13

Hi

A strong move up in soy....

Do you have any clue on why??

0 Kudos
Contributor