cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Veteran Contributor

Lanworth forcast

Lanworth the predictor, it is being reported out of Europe this morning that the US will easily have a record corn crop. And by the way the bean acres will increase enough to have a fat cushion. I guess the man with the satelite is saying you folks in the heartland are just talking. Morgan Stanley also talking this talk the biggest crop in history, My point, if I was in the troubled area learn how to work the insurance program and then go back to bed. You will be better off then fighting these guys.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Re: Lanworth forcast

Well at least they cut the crop to 13.8 billion http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/06/05/crops-forecast-lanworth-idUSL1N0EH02420130605   Smiley Happy

I don`t know anyone with any old crop that isn`t spoken for, oh there`s a guy that has a love affair with his corn and keeps around 3 years worth, shuttling it from bin to bin, but he`d do that if we had $50 cornSmiley Happy   I`m not trying to talk the market up, I don`t have any old to sell and afraid of the new, but I`m thinking we`ll run out of corn in September.  There won`t be any early crop coming from NCIA to bailout the old.

We are basically looking at half a crop around here, the feed mills and E-plants will have to import corn, which is very weird.   So I think whatever physical a guy can make it over the finishline, will be handsomely rewarded. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor

BA,

I drove around your area about 10 days ago. You were much wetter than Hancock County. If we get some heat and average moisture, I think our county can still average over 200 bpa. However, the corn looks 3-4 weeks late. Everything will have to perfect until fall.

Did you ever know Tom of Tom's Damaged and Unclaimed Freight fame?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Sounds like the same story and predictions we hear every year. It is always going to be a bumper crop until it is past the point of no return. Even last year it was mid July before the market really got excited. Just wait till end of July when 80% of the corn tassels at the same time and it is 95 and this water logged ground is hard as concrete.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

yes, Orthel, Tom Fretty was a good man and a millionaire back when a million was alot.  Actually I`m, west of Manly and we`re even much wetter go to forest City and drive a 10 mile radius around and count the unplanted bean stubble fields and use the fingers on one hand to count planted bean fields

0 Kudos