Veteran Advisor

Last 7 day rain totals

ScreenShot004.gif

0 Kudos
4 Replies
jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

Re: Last 7 day rain totals

Thanks CX1. After all that heat, look at how much of the corn belt missed ALL THAT RAIN that was forecast, and didn't fall. And now take in to account how much the radar presentation showed it was raining, and it didn't really fall.

A lot of the corn belt is very dry now, and continues to be so. Yet the sell off continues because of this 14bbl crop.

Jen
0 Kudos
Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

The only hope left now is a spot user in a pinch in an area of few supplies.

Or the bigger 800 pound gorilla in the corner ... Early frost. Nothing like some wishing for a profit from the misery of others.

This Friday's potential rain event will make a lot of difference for those who recieve it.

My last corn field went from green on top yesterday morning to completely yellow on top by evening. Having great pollination weather here in South Podunk Country. Could sure use another drink soon.

0 Kudos
c-x-1
Veteran Advisor

looks like only significant totals were S IA and central, southern IL/IN borders, S WI, AND OF COURSE OHIO.

NE got a bit of a drink, as well.

0 Kudos
farmer46
Senior Contributor

I just love the overall maps.  I farm in the green area and received less than a tenth.  But it is cool near the lake about 48 degrees this morning. Corn is very nice looking with almost no rain. One thing, no tassles yet.  I am not complaining, just seems this crop will be quite late.

0 Kudos