Last chance

Anyone wanna join the 12.2 and 3.2 club
0 Kudos
11 Replies
Honored Advisor

Re: Last chance

20150902_094920-1.jpg

Didn't find where the fast turtle's crossed

The powers that be will not print your # for at least another year even if comes to fruitation

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

That reminds me of those children signs, and wondering why those neighborhoods would want to advertise that.  Are there any "slow farmer" signs available, and where do I get one?  I guess just putting the words over/under one of those SMV emblems might work.  I know, I'm warped, somebody dropped me when I was little.

0 Kudos
Advisor

Any club whose standards are so low they'd have me as a member isn't worth belonging to.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

This last week took the shine of here.

0 Kudos
Veteran Contributor

I think its still closer to 12.8 to 13 billion.  In WC MN the crop is finishing quick.  Disease is out there.  The plants are turning gold from the top first.  The stands are less than I think many think.  Lots of 32,000-34,000 planted with only 26-28,000 harvestable ears.  People forget about our cool wet start up here.  Tip back also seems to be in play a little more than I thought.  The late season/split applied fields look the best.  Still a very good crop but we are not setting a record in my neck of the woods.

Beans......who knows.  Last year 45 BPA beans looked like they would only run 30 from the cab.  This year they are tall and bushy but that does not always turn into yield.  If the disese is present in corn then I would imagine it is there in the beans too.

A little disappointing walking fields so far.  A lot will depend on kernel depth and test weight as our kernel counts are pretty good. 

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Marketing is like being involved in a court case, you can be right and still lose.  The way these markets go down every day, they just might kill the golden goose.  But Tiger, I think you can split the difference, you might be a little more too low than USDA is too high.  Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

I never left the club.  Just don't think we will ever get the truth from USDA. At least not for  a year or two when they are done revising this crop down,  by then it won't matter anyway.

0 Kudos
Veteran Contributor

Or you won't accept the truth when they give it to you.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

I will believe the numbers when harvest is over. Whether it's 150 or 170.  I just feel like there is too much wrong for there to be a near record crop.  Maybe I will be suprised. 

0 Kudos