cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jrsiajdranch
Veteran Advisor

Re: Let the chips..........

Hobby new battery in skidder and happy cows now! Feet fell like they were in the bucket!

0 Kudos
SWMICH
Frequent Contributor

MT - I hope you keep posting.  I look fordward to your posts every day.  I've only been farming soy/corn for 10 years so I need all the marketing help I can get.  I'm very comfortable with your philosphy and knowledge.  And to think I get it at no cost.  I believe there is more demand than supply for our grain in the world, but we just have to get thru the politics and we will have our day at the elevator

0 Kudos
NDf
Senior Contributor

Vbuck and MT who cares how they count the weeks. The truth is tht corn exports have been better than expectted USDA acknowledge this by raiseing exports by 50 million bushels in the latest report. Contrary to your so called experts vbuck I've heard and read comentary  that the USDA is going to have to increase the export number for corn in future reports, because the pace is better than expected. BTW I hope everone stays and post on this board, but I'm not going to stroke their ego and beg them to stay.

0 Kudos
vrbuck
Advisor

No it is a two day week. But a week is still a week it is no different then having a holiday during the week. The last I checked Christmas, New years shortened holiday weeks are still counted even if they are only four days. That is why the USDA counts and catalogs weeks in the year........you know for the simpletons.
0 Kudos
vrbuck
Advisor

I hear experts are happy about sales but disapointed with cancellations-switches. Goes back to the argument, it's only exports when it leaves the port. I will be the first to admit when exports are good. But real facts need to support it.
0 Kudos
Mizzou_Tiger
Senior Advisor

So that last week in August......just ignore week 53......or does week 52 now become 15 days.......details, who needs em, its just the USDA right......
0 Kudos
vrbuck
Advisor

Guess yoh want a seven day work week instead of five to start the year so it works out
0 Kudos
Mizzou_Tiger
Senior Advisor

So you don't have answer for week 53 then........it has to be counted somewhere if the marketing year starts 9/1 for 12/13.......

0 Kudos
jrsiajdranch
Veteran Advisor

Guess yoh want a seven day work week instead of five to start the year so it works out "Said VR"

Wait aminute you cash crop guys get a choice about how many days are in a work week!  I am so upset! LOL

0 Kudos
Ron (Cen. IL.)
Frequent Contributor

buck, you may be right that  the week ending Sept . 2 is counted as Week 1 but you should acknowledge that  counting 1 or 2 days as a full week skews your numbers.

0 Kudos