cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advisor

Re: Like babe Ruth

Also banish jenny farsider.. Too much misinformation/ amateur meteorology... She seems to keep the battle going
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Contributor

Hey farmerguy89.....I tried to warn people here over a year ago when it all started with the corn market. Absolutely nobody listened to me. I'm 100% sold for 2014, 2015' and part of 2016 at much much higher prices than today's. This could possibly take as long to correct itself as what the good prices lasted since 2008. There will be pain for those who expanded too much!

Kevin

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Advisor

Yeah I know Kevin I saw that too a while ago.. Even as far back as 2012 you were on this of which I have proof.

But everybody's response was always "it's too far into the future to know how things will be" or "I haven't even grown it" or whatever else. Then MT would come along and do the opposite of what vrbuck does and slam all the guys on the short side.

Lots of egos at play there kevin
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Hey VR, you said a few days ago that you told us all to sell in April and May.  I can't seem to find any post of yours  for those two months. Just something the end of March about how hard it was to post on this site, well I guess you must have  figured that out anyway. "The how to post on this site" I mean.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Good for you Viperkev, looks like you took a gamble and it just might be paying off for 2014 at least.

Not that it is any of my business, but do you have a plan B if we have a weather epidemic during 2015 or 2016?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Advisor

He's farming some of the most productive soil series with next to nothing for liabilities and other ventures In the wing: he'll live
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Contributor

That is true farmerguy. I didn't buy any expensive land the last 5 years and besides if there is a weather problem next year it is pretty easy to buy something back (options or futures). What I sold at is highly profitable if I don't do anything unless there is something coming on the expense side which I'm totally not thinking will happen. As an IP soybean grower I'm not at the mercy of Monsatan's money grab ;-) I stayed out of corn for 2014 and plan to do so again for 15'. Although getting wheat in this fall may be tough now with the water we have again after this past weekend. Warmer and drier is coming so lets hope it is for more than a couple days and more like until November!

Kevin

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Advisor

You got a window opening this week Kevin. I'm doing wheat on wheat... That was my out for making big bucks for next year. Anything I didn't presell in corn beans is tougher...

I'm thinking they are going to make ip premiums low enough that I'll save conventional seed and plant it instead.

Corn is showing up not too terribly shabby for my yields/inputs.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Contributor

Yeah I heard about this window. The only problem here is it will take a week to get even close enough, we are saturated!

A few weeks ago when I wanted to sell some 2016 IP soybeans it was hard to get someone to price that far out. I eventually found someone so started with 10,000 bu and was able to get $3.00 so jumped at it. I even wished I had went heavier now, but oh well I'm  above crop insurance guarantees for 15' crop so may have to roll some over if we happen to have a bad growing season next year.

Glad to hear that corn is not too shabby. It was pretty scary when it almost froze those couple times!

Kevin

0 Kudos