cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
elcheapo
Veteran Advisor

Little miss sunshine !!!!!!!!!!!!

well the girl on market to market tonight was just full of good news and cheer...............if you want to see continued depressed market

prices !!

but M to M doesn't help matters any...........

the fellow starts out, in a tone that "oh this cold wx will not hurt the wheat will it ?"

(((and these people are supposed to be ag journalists !!!)))

the same old story, 512th verse........too much wheat world wide  (still can't understand there are different classes of wheat can they ?)

the corn, sounds like a goner

soybeans, maybe a bit of hope if south America has problems, but we don't want to wish hard times on other farmers do we ???

maybe ms. kub with have some new thoughts in the new year.........we can only hope !!!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JimMeade
Veteran Advisor

Re: Little miss sunshine !!!!!!!!!!!!

What is going to be her basis for new thoughts?  She is going on the same information everyone else uses.  The information is going to have to be changed for people to have new thoughts.

My main worry is how to market if we have similar supply and demand next year.  I can't think of any scenario I like.

0 Kudos
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

The markets are going/continuing in the doldrums, the sailors of old feared the doldrums more that a storm...just no wind to push their sails/sales, at least a storm would take them somewhere  Smiley Happy   The cocky clowns that sell 3yrs in advance are running out of runway...hard to wiggle your elbows and brag about having forward sold $4 corn if it never has gotten there. 

And wheat, that has to be "killed" 3 times during the season until it goes on to a record crop.   Prices don`t look good going forward, but until you apply the fertilizer and spray the chemical and drop the seed you have some control over some of what the expense you`ll have.

0 Kudos
timetippingpt
Honored Advisor

Your are right BA, those of us "cocky clowns" have nothing sold going forward in the corn or wheat (all the beans have been sold for a long time). I proudly wear your label and admit that the benefit of the approach is over....until the next weather event and then we will get 3 more great years farming. For now, it comes down to cost control which is harder to do for most everyone (kind of like rowing vs. watching the sails strain in the wind)

Love your point about the old sailors and no wind. It is exactly right and perfectly fits this situation, we can't even sell calls because they are pretty much worthless in the big scheme. So, like those sailors of old, we are all taking turns on the oars trying to hold on till the wind returns. :-)

0 Kudos