cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
k-289
Esteemed Advisor

Re: Loan rates

BA    -   SO   Millionaire   welfare  $$$$$$$$$$$$    is  ok   under  this  Administration ?  -  Check   - - -

US  Deficits  Increase   -  Check  - - -

Just  Checking - - -

0 Kudos
hwr247
Senior Contributor

hey sw seems like meade is always doing the right thing at marketing. hes either got deep oockets or is good friends with elevator manger.....i sold some like i always do but as severe as this collapse has become we should have sold the entire crop! nobody i know does that unless you farm in AZ and irrigate everything with no worries of drought or flooding!
0 Kudos
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

K-289,  I`m just laying out options, if we just go back to the 1996 farmbill with "colas" it might be the best money the government spent since the TVA.  I wouldn`t exactly call a trade disruption compensation exactly "welfare".  US farmers provided the lest expensive food on the planet and the trade deficit would`ve been even worse without US farm exports.

But I`m just the game show host, trying to give hints on what will win the most prizes, if no one picks up on the hints, that`s just the way it goes.

0 Kudos
k-289
Esteemed Advisor

Sooooo      1    of  the   things   helping  balance  -  becomes  a  target  ? 

then  to   balloon  the  deficit  -  which  now  has  been  released  today -   at  a  1 TRILLION  rate   ?

Sooooo  , 4get  the  preaching  about  balancing    OR   what  ?

Soooo   '' everyone  effected '''   by  tariffs  get$  a  reward$   $$$$$  ?

If  I  REMEMBER  right ,  exporting ''' ALL  of  our  grains '''  would  reduce  deficit  by  15  -  20  %  ? 

Seems  we  importing  S American   &   Australian   beef   &  various  other - EU  pork ,  vegetables,  fruits   at  a  higher  price -  probably  not ?       

0 Kudos
hwr247
Senior Contributor

i agree

0 Kudos
sw363535
Honored Advisor

BA ....... not sure  what your refering to.  CCC grain storage loans have always had the option of forfeiting the grain to usda and keeping the loan payment.  Making the sale price, in effect, the loan rate.

Would that be the 96 farm bill voted in by congress or the 96 farm bill after the bureaucratic writing of regulations changed it.???  That rewriting drove farms out of eligibility and out of business in our county.

0 Kudos
erniebitne11
Veteran Contributor

Farmers deserve the most support when it comes to grants or loans. In European countries, the situation is a little different from the USA. I have lived in Finland for more than ten years, but I have had a passion for agriculture since I was a child because both of my parents are farmers. In Finland, the costs in agriculture are much higher than in other European countries, but that didn't stop me from getting a loan lainojen yhdistäminen 10000 and with the support of Eu-funds, I managed to increase my income on my small farm where I have a few cows which produce milk.

0 Kudos
simarde32
Contributor

thanks for sharing

0 Kudos

As far as I know, farmers had the chance to sell corn for 4 dollars and beans for 10. So if some of them didn't do it, why should the government do it for them? You are saying that the loan's interest should double the interest. But do you think they would want to deal with the 40% of farmers that fail annually? And if the production is so complex and expensive, why don't farmers take a mortgage. The loans are less expensive. I had taken one from Mortgage Advice Cambridge when I opened my first business and successfully paid it back. I profited from the things given to me. I didn't stay and wait for prices to fall again.

0 Kudos
abylp91
Frequent Visitor

It appears like the government is making a mockery of its citizens. And, if government assistance is so troublesome, why not refuse it? Is it really that bad? As previously mentioned, isn't it preferable to just take out a conventional loan? If you don't know much about it, you might get advice from a professional, such as Mortgage Broker Sheffield. In any case, if you are interested in it, you will not lose anything. Maybe it will be even more convenient for you. Maybe my advice will help you somehow. Best wishes!

0 Kudos