Veteran Contributor

Loan rates

It sure seems like if the admimistration is going to start a trade war it could at least provide some cover for the first and most exposed targets of the return fire.
Doubling the CCC loan rates would be a welcome start.
Corn $3.90
Beans $10.00
Wheat $5.88

I havent given any thought to the repercussions of doing this but it sure would be nice.
Veteran Advisor

Re: Loan rates

We had a chance to sell nov beans for 10.55 and dec corn for 4.29.  If some did not do this, why should the government step in and bail them out?

Honored Advisor

You had a chance to get drunk and date a super model with your cash................ did you

????????

That is what your statement deserves.....

But the good answer is ................... they don't want to deal with 40% farm failures in the next 10 months. 

Senior Contributor

CCC loan rates are a joke!
Veteran Advisor

Well, SW, it so happens I did make those sales.  So could anyone else.

That's a good way to prevent farm failures and without government help.

Honored Advisor

I wouldn`t exactly equate the $9.60 beans and $3.50 corn new crop offered tops as "super model" material  Smiley Happy   But they all say "the girls get prettier at closing time"   Smiley Very Happy

Honored Advisor

Veteran Advisor

WITH  OUT  GOVERNMENT   help   -   boasting   or    complaining ? Smiley Very Happy

Veteran Contributor

Yes Jim we all had the chance to sell at those levels and some of us sold some and some did not. My point is this is somewhat of an extraordinary situation in that the administration has taken a course of action that has most certainly caused a drop in prices. Since American farmers are being used as cannon fodder in the trade war a little extra support might be justified.
Honored Advisor

[ Edited ]

Jim can't figure out which line to stand in.   He defends any criticism of usda's actions....  And then makes a big point of telling us he never participates in usda programs.

Seems unamerican to me to ignore usda regulations and programs.

But if they are just a welfare office.......... it makes sense....taking pride in not participating.