cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Honored Advisor

Re: Look Up Your County's MFP2 Payment Rate

The weatherman on KIMT 3 said so far this summer Rochester Mn hit 90 only 1 day, Mason City Ia hit 90 only 6 days.   During that "sweltering heat wave" there was much complaining and proclaiming that "the late planted crops caught up"....ah no they didn`t, July covers up a lot of problems.  

It seems to me, instead of the world`s "great minds" trying to figure out how to make things cooler, their time would be better spent developing shorter season crops that could ripen in 30% shorter growing seasons. Innovate wisely or there will be famine, instead of getting in whack-a-mole contests with the Sun.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

BA -------- I am enjoying that Dr. Z  reference.   One of two smiles can be acquired.......

Possibly  1.  Dr Z is a character in a James Bond Classic(Wearing a pastel pant suit).  Determined to rule the world through trade fear from Siberia or an Island in the Caribbean.

Or 2.    She might be bi-polar......or quad- polar.  Irregardless   The comments give us an absolute read on the value of a PHD in the Ukraine now and for the foreseeable future.  Regardless of the weather.  

Footnotes-----I have actually had the Ukraine college degree in agronomy equivalence rated in US terms --- The process is similar to the one used by Apple to equate the number of Doctorate degrees in China to those in the US.    That's right a lot of hocus Pocus to protect the profit margin.   (And I will avoid the desire to interject the California education system comments. ( They stand all alone in the realm of knowledge or lack of)

0 Kudos
Veteran Contributor

Dr. Zharkova teaches mathematics at Northumbria University in the UK in the department of Mathematics, Physics, and Electrical Engineering.

https://www.northumbria.ac.uk/about-us/our-staff/z/professor-valentina-zharkova/

Out of all that data, you chose to mock a Ukrainian astrophysicist....interesting. 

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

I don’t doubt her existence or her location.  

I doubt her ability to predict the future on earths agriculture with an unproven theory on sun struture or sun physics. 

Until those theories are proven they shouldn’t be accepted or become something earths population takes too seriously.  

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Re: Farmers are pretty gullable

timetippingpt

cobsider yourself lucky. you will get a good payment but in ND most canola growers,which is an oil crop that lost 40% price in last year, is lising out at $22 an acre

0 Kudos