cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Looks like the maps

Are validating

I have been watching the last 10 days of July and first 12 days of August for over a month now. Maps have held steady with heat and dryness, and it appears its starting to validate. Will it be record heat, nope, just your standard July/August heat and dryness. You know the kind that quietly robs bushels off every hour of every day.

And guess what, a whole lotta corns going to be trying to fill ears, some probably still trying to pollinate during all this. Now some areas will hold out pretty fair. But there are areas with no roots and other areas that have been living rain to rain. These areas will be tested.

Going to be an interesting fall. IMO, as stated over and over. We are no better than last year, and if maps validate we slip. Corn at 12.8B. Soya crop estimate is a joke, at this point maybe 4 too high, but i will stick with 3.4B for now.

Peak corn
0 Kudos
11 Replies
Highlighted
Advisor

Re: Looks like the maps

It wont really rob any bu since it is well watered.  What it will do is catch up on GDU's which the bull has been harping on.  It is a huge crop and anyone ignoring it past the last buck have been in serious denile.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

So......what's some river in Egypt got to do with anything?   Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Advisor

Missouri leads in crop conditions. Not even backyarditis gets this guy. Only has one mode

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Every herd of heifers needs at least one bull.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Advisor

MT has no choice

He hooked his horse to the peak corn argument for so long and talked about it so long and had been told it isn't so long.  He can't back out of peak corn.  We had the biggest crop ever last year and he didn't back out.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

This crop could be heading for a disaster if we don't get any rain the next two weeks. 72 degrees and my corn is curling. This crop is a long way from in the bin.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

+1
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Dec at $3.85 today and no one is paying attention to the size of this crop????    Looks to me like most of us are betting on this being a huge crop.  Who's really at the river?  Looks to me like most of us are betting on the come.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Contributor

I'm not sure what you are looking at but the NOAA released maps as well as what weathrbell puts out do not point at something that will cut yields much if at all.  Care to elaborate?

0 Kudos