cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: Too bad we couldn't have just....

Not sure anybody can say with any certainty what might have been. The case can be made that MFPs actually overpaid for losses although that's highly debatable.

We're in Death Valley here- between 30 year commodity booms, and with the cost structure wildly distorted from the gubmint overdoing the last one.

But I've always taken it as a certainty that there will be election year payments, barring a major production shortfall.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

I`m totally honest here, yes we were overpaid with MFP payments, however it still didn`t provide the lifestyle that we`ve grown accustomed.  MFP was $1.50 or so, unless you were a super marketer, "buyin` puts to cover the calls" and all that crap and plus in a good basis area that wasn`t 80¢ under, you probably covered your inputs.  

Matt Campell from FC Stone said soybeans would`ve been low without a "trade war", too many good crops around the world.  I would argue that had 2012 not been a drought year, the good price party would`ve ended even sooner.

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

I think there are a lot of things to call it but right now its pure bribery.......  Im call it the "Hate America" check.  the "Politics from our western stepchild" check, or the "Insane congressional fools" check...... but its bribery for planted acres pure and simple....  (and payment for the stupid progressive agenda nonsense)  I am just sick of the hate trump, foot stomping, "we're idiots and we know it",protest pity party.....  I have wanted progressives to be seen for what they are for a long time, I just didn't realize how long a spoiled elderly bunch of brats can kick and scream.   

So lets call it the "Bern Check" because if democrats want our production for free,  they need to send money for seed, fertilizer, and tech fees.   I swear if Bernie had to buy his own dinner he would quit politics for good.

We are so lost..... interest is eating us up....... everybody has an interest in telling everybody else how to live.  

I knew this fall of western civilization was going to be ugly and a process of rotting from the inside out because of the free stuff syndrome.  I just didn't realize it was going to be so in our faces.   Even the civil war guns were hard to hear from 50 miles away  ----- we need to bring back the duel....... every candidate carries a gun....... and Warren gets an automatic...with large clips....   Mess is cleaned up ....... we move on..... 

The easy money needs to stop.  It draws rats.       So I promise if they can send a few billion out to farming country,  we will dispose of it quietly and never call a press conference.  Never make a SNL skit.  Never sell your children anything in plastic bags, never take your daughter to a private island,  Never demand a second payment to our personal charity.  Never demand a job in the diplomatic corp.  We will feed your kids on their way to a mind blowing party and give them bus fare when the mind is blown.  Quietly and without the expectation of an awards ceremony -------- That is right,  no stupid oscar for farmers. (the other career that takes no training or intelligence)

What a circus.... and sooooooo expensive.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

A feature, not a bug.

Get folks believing all sorts of crazy stuff, then you got 'em via the resentment against "elites" who are anybody who's not nuts.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Politicians and "community activists" have become ambulance chasers convincing every "identity" that they have had it rough and if you elect us, we`ll get money for you and inflict punitive (taxes) on the group that wronged you.  It`s human nature, I have a friend that helped his elderly aunt and spoke highly of her...until she passed away. Her sizable estate is being slip dozens of ways, with some relatives left out.  But it is split equal to those in the will, those that visited once a year get the same as those that shoveled her walk in the winter and mowed her lawn in the summer.

Then someone put a "bug" in my friend`s ear that he did the most for the aunt...that`s all it took, now he`s angry that his share isn`t enough.  So, now he runs down the deceased aunt a blue streak, a month ago "she was a saint".   He`ll get $100,000 from this "dreadful woman" and he`s angry...human nature!  I am ashamed for him.

There is a certain political party that has this ambulance chasing down to a science, we have a litigious society both directly and indirectly.

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Well stated ..... to the point.  Nothing more disturbing than the expectation of a reward.  It has replaced the "dignity of doing what we should."    That is what becomes of "every child gets a ribbon "   now every child expects one.

Politics should be public service...... a life of sacrifice.... Harry Truman drove his own car home from the white house.  To the same home he lived in before..... no where near Martha's Vinyard.  He never expected his time in office to reward him with an estate or a mansion.  Oddly enough Trump will do the same.  If you keep the comparisons simple it is easier to see the scum.

anyway thanks BA a great perspective... ......... and so true of where we are without a compass.

We are all pretty smug... when we plant another acre.... or get elected.... or give our time ..... or help someone out.

“I can teach anyone how to be a farmer 1 dig a hole 2 put a seed in 3 put dirt on top 4 add water 5 up comes the corn”

keeps playing in my head ...... corn,  it's all corn Mikeycorn, it's all corn Mikey

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

While  the  file$  of  the  E  W  G  website  continue  to  grow,  Xplaining  them  becomes  more  of  a  burdensome task at hand  and  all  the  while  we  seem  to   SCREAM   louder  at  our  domestic  consumer  customers -  -  -

As  the  thinning  of  the  herd  in  AG  accelerates,  expecting  favorable  press  message  via  a  Corporate $pokesperson    EXCUSE' ISM's  will  probably  contain  a  withering  merit  of  trust  -  -   -

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Feeding  The  World  reverts  into   M ade  F rom  P olitics  - - - 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Every thing will get simpler when the shelves are empty.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Corn  bread   &  soy  soup  -  ?Smiley Embarassed

0 Kudos