cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Contributor

MFP What county do you get paid for?

A lot of farmers have ground in more than one county.  Not all counties pay the same rate.  The program says its based on your county of residence.  What if all your farms are in different counties from where you live? The county where I live has a $69 rate the two counties where I farm have $52 and $49 rates.  This is a fairly large spread when you multiply it by 1500.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Honored Advisor

Re: MFP What county do you get paid for?

I live in the county just west of u that has no fsa office.

I only farm in that county, BUT have to go to your county for one farm, the county north of me for one, and the county west of me for my other farms for all the sign ups.  

So fun being in an orphan county.

0 Kudos
Veteran Contributor

RE: Consolidated?

I farm in two counties but had all my business consolidated to some time ago.  Can't you do that?

It sure makes it a lot easier.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

let me mention another snafu I heard about this morning for those of us that rotate crops....

I Was told by a voice on the fsa phone that the payments had a formula that considered 2018 planting and 2019 planting.

It sounds like they will take the planted acres in the two years that is the lowest for each crop.  Give that a minute to soak in...    example a 900 acre farm rotation between beans and corn  of 300 acres corn  and 600 acres beans rotated year to year...will result in a payment on only 6oo acres (300 corn and 300 beans)  With the other 300 acres uncounted for the payment even though it had a crop both years.

Another bureaucratic rewrite....??

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Walked into the office of the smallest # o f acres after lunch.

Only farmer there, Said all mfp had to be signed up at one time , would take time, 

Over hr later all farms based in all three counties done. They were turning some away said software issues. Come back in couple of weeks????

One local farmer from my county walked in and twenty minutes later walked out signed up for $75,000+  .

I forgot to look across t he block when I left and see if he was at the New pu store.

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

I would contest that one sw.  It goes against all that I have read and heard.  I went in to sign up today.  I signed the paper, but I'm not sure what I'll get.  they are still waiting on the details and formula? from on high about how to figure  summer fallow acres.  sounded like sf acres last year may count if this years acres are higher than last year??  IDK, guess I'll find out in due time.

0 Kudos