cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shaggy98
Senior Advisor

Re: MILO MARKET

I will feed a little milo to my cattle but I don't own enough head to consume it all and I'm not going into an extreme amount of debt to do just that. To me that would be robbing Peter to pay Paul. I've never checked on the Russell E-plant but have a neighbor that used to sell to them but he said they are a little difficult to deal with when you're delivering directly from the field. Salina is about a 90 mile one way haul for me and with single axle straight trucks I'm not sure I could justify delivering 350 or 400 bushels at a time. Hiring someone to deliver for me is about $0.50 per bushel so even that would be a wash at this point. Hobby is on to something with on farm storage which I've got about 15,000 bushels. Just not sure if I've got the skills needed to manage and care for the stored crop the way it needs to be handled. I've got options, I just need to decide which one is better for me right now.
0 Kudos
Shaggy98
Senior Advisor

Re: MILO MARKET

I noticed this morning that my local coop must have had nearly a +$0.20 basis improvement for milo. Yesterday corn jumped 7 cents while milo jumped 27 cents. Milo only trading 3 cents under corn locally for me.

I'll stop in this morning and get the hub bub, been a few days since I was at the BS ring anyhow. LOL

FWIW, just a few beans left to harvest in the area but milo is a different story. Since none of our local elevators have drying capabilities, we need to let our crops dry naturally in the field. I think everyone has tried to harvest with only a few with any success, we just need to have a killing frost to get the ball rolling. I've harvested everything that was planted in mid May, but what I had planted in mid June is still 18%+ moisture as of Tuesday, maybe give it another try this weekend. Temperatures are forecasted to be mid 80's all weekend, what an October.
0 Kudos