cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veteran Contributor

MT Challenge

MT,

Was listening to Mark Gold on Saturday morning.  He thinks 96+ millions acres of corn and way more soybean acres come June 30th report.  He went on to say we could have those acres and grow a 15 billion bushel crop.  At 92% harvested that comes close to 170 BPA I believe.  I don't have his number or email but I'm sure there is a way to access both.  I think he would take you up on that steak dinner if he believes what he says.

0 Kudos
23 Replies
Veteran Contributor

Re: MT Challenge

Spoiler

That's how ole MG operates. Scare the bejesus out of his new clients to get them to buy more options. Bankers love his approach till they figure out the true costs. When it doesn't pan out you move on to the next crop. Use fear as motivation.

0 Kudos
Veteran Contributor

Have heard him speak and know his game. Can't remember the other fellow in the discussion but he agreed on acres, not so sure on bushels.
0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

Your last six words sum it up............"if he believes what he says"............lot of people talk, but lack conviction...........ambulance chasers........... as i have noted several times sell into this soya rally..........hold tight on corn.......... Wheat freeze damage starting to show up..........corn underwater in IL this AM......snow in the dakotas........cold in NIA and MN......22 in MI.........Tuesday is May and based on weather pattern not much will get planted this week........ But hey, what do I know........I have been wrong for two years........maybe this time will be different.........lol, haha.......
0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

Have you bought corn contracts? Just checking to see if you believe what you're saying!

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

You mean double down..........
0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Counting extra acres and then bushels appears to be the only way USDA can keep a lid on prices.  However......96 million acres of corn??? This after soybeans have gone up in price and folks talking of switching acres?  Someone get this guy a dose of reality.

0 Kudos
Veteran Contributor

Just read another person who thinks there will be 10 million more acres of row crop in north America this year over last.
0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

Sure! If you're really confident. Not necessarily doubling down but perhaps buying a contract or two.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

He must have one of them crystal balls, or he's been dropped on his head too many times. I hope you sold your corn Doug !!! What did they predict last year 180.
0 Kudos