Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mizzou_Tiger
Senior Advisor

Making mud pies

Big boyz started Monday

Been running 14 hours

Ground needs another 48 hours that we don't have

I see one of my replies to marketeye rubbed the mods the wrong way.
0 Kudos
6 Replies
ECIN
Senior Advisor

Re: Making mud pies

You Trouble maker - Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
NCILL
Frequent Contributor

Hey Mizzou, are they just dragging the planter acrossed the field to say its "seeded"? After that amount of rain how on earth can conditions be even close to fit? Anyways its probably already rated good/excellent. Anyways good luck............more rain coming
0 Kudos
Mizzou_Tiger
Senior Advisor

Some are

I am not.

Actually fixing the bad washouts ahead of the planter too

It's been a long 48 hours already. Basically running around the clock

Blade/skid/bandaide

Sprayer

Harrow

Planter

This is defiantly a spring where being overequipt helps

Also remember that at some point the water just runs off and it can't get any wetter. And we have slopes so once the terraces drain then it's just the seeps that are wet.

It's been so hot the ground is Turning to concrete

It's far from perfect but by the time the planter is there it's not bad. You wouldn't dare put corn in like this, but beans outta fair ok
0 Kudos
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

If it stays wet and you get beans planted, it might turn out good.  I see the "garden spot" has 4.7" headed our way ...sometimes deals like than you get more than advertised so we all might be beaten up by the end of the summer.   I think a guy should gauge out the low spots and make ponds for turtles and shrimp and just farm for the fun of it when we feel like it, because there`s good demand for those 2 commodites and they like it wet  Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Mizzou_Tiger
Senior Advisor

We already got em. It's called standpipes that silted in from 22 inches of rain last months

See the frogs
image.jpg
0 Kudos
k-289
Senior Advisor

What 's the berries on that bush in the photo ?

0 Kudos