cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Marc Rich

Could any of our professional traders on this sight relay any local comments on one of their own giants in the industry?

0 Kudos
14 Replies
Highlighted
Veteran Contributor

Re: Marc Rich

I am a professional as I trade for a loss every year.  He and the Clinton's are better traders than us.  I do send condolences to his family.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Eventually, we will all die too.  Some sooner, others later.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Obituary for Marc Rich

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/3071886/ns/news-special_coverage/t/double-life-marc-rich/

Yes, Hillary was the best cattle future trader ever....a six month period where she orchestrated a series of trades, not one was a loser, and she invested nary one penny into a margin account, and exited with a check for just over $100,000.

As one person said, all of this is possible , just as "standing on my deck and flapping my arms and flying to the moon and back is possible."

Birds of a feather, flock together.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Red,

you probably cannot fly to the moon but it is possible to make over $100,000 trading.  Some are better traders than others.  Just like farming.  Some farmers prosper and others do not.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Sure they are Gio, and maybe Hillary could step into pinstripes, bat 1.000 for a summer, and win both the home run title and the MVP for the NY Yankees. And then, just look into the stands, lift her bat and tilt her hat, and disappear from the baseball scene.

Afterall, some people are just better athletes, too.

Sounds like you have a low level of information on this one.

Maybe you know of someone else that had a perfect trading record, too, that never did it before, and never did it again. If you do, please share the story. Especially the part where they never had to put up any margin money.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Red,

politics is in all facets of our lives, unfortunately.  Do I think that politicians make money like crazy?  YES.  Is it right, NO!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor

Hillery was debit when she  (or someone else) put on the trade that made her $100000. You try to put on 100 cars of cattle with an account that is debit and see what happens.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Orthel,
As a FCM business owner if you had a client named Clinton or Romney and they opened a trading account with you, would you turn their business away if they were negative? ?
I truly doubt you would.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor

It is illegal to put on a trade in an account that is debit (having a minus value). As the story goes, the brokerage firm went bust a few years later. If my memory is correct, It was Refco.

0 Kudos