cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: Marc Rich

It wasn't just one trade, but a series of trades that cobbled together amounted to $100,000 plus a few cents. And all the trades were winners.

And the broker that handled it was also the broker for Tyson Foods, if my memory serves me right.

The story line was that the corp did not want to just give cash, but wanted a tax deduction, and got it this way.

Same thing happened in Minnesota a few years ago when one of our candidates had to explain why he had a $100,000 "consulting fee" on his tax return. That candidate was republican, so it goes both ways.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Futures commission merchants can have a trader put up 100% of margin in order to trade. Or they can give the trader incentive to trade more volume by giving them a break on having 100% funding. This is not given to everyone.
It is Dependent on financial background, experience and relationship with the FCM and the trader.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

How about George Bush?

He gets loaned the money to 'buy into' the Rangers organization just in time to be the front man for getting an 'emminent domain' judgment for a new stadium site (plus enough ground for their private office building complex) and makes a lot of money. It was this deal that 'W' quoted as being his greatest business deal (and proudest achievement) showing he was qualified to run for the Presidency.

And what a great connection to your baseball reference Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

I wonder why you didn't go into such a detail criticism of the Minnesota scoundrel and just want to keep dwelling on Hillary Clinton's so called infraction.

If Hillary clinton was guilty of some dispicable deed then where is the court records. The indictment, the testimony, the sentence and the punishment.

You mean there was no republican attorney general worth his salt that could bring the mighty Clinton to trial. Or have you convicted Ms Clinton with evidence only available to you. That seems to be a tactic of republicans. Don't take your targets to court where the burden of proof may be on you. Instead try her in the court of public opinion where you have no threat of losing the case and you can forever proclaim what a crook she was. And you do all that sans evidence or made up evidence.

BTW the olden days provided customers with a degree of convenience. If I would buy a contract, they would wait for the mail to bring my check for the margin account. And some folks got even more convenience offered to them. But in those days a man's word was his bond. Unlike today when the young snotnosed kids cannot be trusted to honor their word or their commitment to people. Thus signed documents and wired deposits are required.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Shifty, let me clue you on something....every infraction that a person commits on this earth is not subject to a ruling in a court room. My young whelps have learned that already, but then they come from a bloodline that is a little bit more astute than that which produced a shifty used car salesman.

0 Kudos