cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Honored Advisor

Re: Market To Market 30 March

Jim do you always race for the door when the first voice yells "fire"?

I think there is better information coming next week than that mtm conflab of dancing chickens.

I want to see what basis says about the new acres numbers.  That will tell us if there is any research behind the governments guesswork.

We priced a few bushels being delivered this month.... old crop... just to do something, and it is a sure bet usda will jerk this tasty piece of pie right out of our mouths later, but it is the fake market after all.  If the grain broakers need bushels (like raising the basis or keeping it even instead of stealing half of what is being offered with a basis move.)

Credibility will come when usda justifies every change.  Otherwise it is just a "show".

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Delaney did a good job as usual, but the "experts" provided very little contrary discussion. Angie Setzer seemed fairly knowledgeable and didn't seem as quick to say the sky is falling in the grain markets like the other "experts". The comment by Elaine Cub that "if every farmer in America could shut off a row on their corn-heads, we would still have plenty of corn" was a bit much. I hope corn goes to $5 this summer just so we can re-play this episode and laugh. With the unusually cool spring we are having so far, we are on our way.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

I'm becoming convinced I want to be on the other side of the boat from them.

I don't think they are seeing the forest for the trees.

Winter storm warming for northern and central Missouri tomorrow....April fools and its no joke.

Visited with the president of one of the banks I do business with, only lost one customer due to lack of profits.

Said most were not making much progress in becoming financially independent. Lots of restructuring.

Biggest thing he sees is $200+ an acre in machinery pmts as the millstone around many growers neck. Said it is fallout from $6 corn.  Many took one or two good years and mortgaged the next five. The worst ones are the lease suckers, just making pmts and not getting equity or ownership.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

The reason the analysts were acting strange and trying to find a bear acorn is they were on record pleading to "get some protection before the report!!!!!".   Now, I`m not saying that was stupid, if you play their games, they gave the best advice for the information at the time.   

Now who knows, maybe grains will give it all back next week and they`ll look smart, but if it`s a start of a bull run, these folks that sold or bought options aren`t going to be happy campers.  And I see farmers that were beared up are also trying to cheer themselves up by saying "aw, it`ll be down next week".    I was beared up too, but didn`t do anything just because I`m stubborn and figured it`s too early and prices offered were too cheap.  Even if someone sold what they might think was too early, it still might be higher than what will be offered off the combine this fall.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Just the Same Old-Same Old advice. Buy options from them, they will take care of you.

0 Kudos
Advisor

Re. Fade the crowd....

if they say sell....then buy.

Just be carefull and kinda quiet....keep in mind that LaVoy Finicum was just a citizen with a you tube channel, a smart phone, and some ideas the Feds did not like....soooo they killed him. Further they were planning to assassinate several more the day they shot LaVoy.  Be carefull.

0 Kudos
Veteran Contributor

so do you want some ketchup on your crow and those overly optimistic price projection words your having to eat right now

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

I sold NC corn for $4.05 in Sunday night trade. The fundamentals haven't changed. We raise one of the few things people in this world can live without. China bought beans last night, they will probably buy beans in large amounts over the coming days for cheap... Well played China... Well played.

0 Kudos