cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Market to Market roundtable

It was some drama, Darrin tried to turn it into "The McLaughlin Group"   Smiley Happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvxqM8ozcqc  

And Market Plus was ...awkward 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9BX5o1GtWU

5 Replies
sw363535
Honored Advisor

Re: Market to Market roundtable

not many deep thinkers in the pundit business.

Smiley Happy

Darin can out think that bunch with his eyes closes.   

Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

Wonder how many times they had to stop taping and reset/scold someone?

0 Kudos
sw363535
Honored Advisor

I kept looking at his eyes and thinking maybe darin had a few too many.  But I think he was trying to refrain from enraging the other guy who obviously was upset with Darin being there in a discussion that was going to be about reports........ one way or another.

I was tickled when darin started stating his opinion of usda (which I have agreed with for a long while), but I never anticipated the ire he gets from others for doing it...... Today the three women on that panel explained it to me in actions.  They don't know where else to look.

Without usda they don't know the fundamentals of the price discovery.  The radio announcer at Dodge City, Ks 55 years ago could describe the movement of markets far better than most because he was part of it.  Grew up in it, invested in it, had a list of people in the business to call.

What darin has done for me is convince me that the markets still express and work, though the participants have changed and the trade speed and mechanism has changed.  I'm comming around on that.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

I recall the Tonight Show, Gary Shandling was hosting and football great Lyle Alzado was a guest and he came on like a tough guy and broke Johnny`s pencils and pencil box.  Gary tried to bail his bit out but even he couldn`t rescue it, it bombed.  I felt sorry for Lyle and on M2M Darrin`s comedy bit bombed.   Few can pull it off Don Rickles and Regis Philbin....But when he told sweet Naomi Bloom "Wrong! You had a 50% chance and you got it wrong!" that`s kind of harsh.  

I suppose these market gurus want to stand out to get subscribers and clients and Darrin was trying out Champion the Insult Dog for size..it didn`t work.

Like the David Kruse commentary the other day, he said that USDA gets away stealing for the endusers with the help of a lot of these gurus that give credibility to bogus reports.  If Darrin sheds light on that, that`s great.  But he doesn`t have to be Randy Macho Man Savage Smiley Happy 

0 Kudos
roarintiger1
Honored Advisor

As long as Newsom didn’t threaten the Clintons, he should be ok. 

0 Kudos