Veteran Advisor

Marketeye - COT

[ Edited ]

Tues 1300 hrs - the prompt bean/corn spread testing resistance today.

Commercial net position at various places in Corn.

ScreenShot001.gif

Honored Advisor

Re: Marketeye - COT

cx-1

I am assuming these are short positions-----or "without corn" status------  wrong or right??

If so why was -473t at a peak position???  Or is the negative data just position departures from even, in anticipation of a change??

what specifically are the negatives representing??

Senior Advisor

sw -- now sure - but it sure looks like c-x-1 has been playing with his kid's ExASketch again Smiley Wink

Honored Advisor

Right ecin,

At least when I do it,  that's where it goes.

I can get the trend lines in but I have a hard time staying focused long enough to study the data behind the move------------sprayer mentality----------------things aren't happening quick enough!!

Veteran Advisor

playing with my kids abacus........ech-a schketch don't give U numbas.

no, it's just total comm shorts and total longs combined together...that's released each Fri---cit report ie its ONLY true comm--no index data.

http://www.cftc.gov/dea/options/deaviewcit.htm 

Honored Advisor

I see ---------- total positions.   Thank you.

Veteran Advisor

sw,

you are welcome...even though corn is still weak.........compared w/ corn's last swing low to most recent, the difference in net pos is statistically insignificant.....indicating bullish divergence.

c-x-1

Senior Contributor

Re: Marketeye - COT/ Soybeans

Why are beans up 45 cents today? Did I miss something? Thanks!!!!

Veteran Advisor

Re: Marketeye - COT/ Soybeans

[ Edited ]

rsw,

d'you see my pink/fuschia explanation @ top of pg?

that and fact that strong buyers showed up to secure needs and overcome the sellers R probably the most truthful answers on the market of responses, so to speak...............you probably didn't miss a thing.........maybe U just thought U did b/c we have ALL become SO conditioned to thinking there has to be a reason or story or so called rational explanation for mkt moves that our heads spin around.

i believe sw coined the word/phrase best -- something to the effect of psycho-sociopathic reasons or story...if one does a little hindsight, we rarely hear the story BEFORE a move......instead,..." the mkt's moving, we gotta get a story fast to match the mkt action." this is what 's called an illusion so we can all fool ourselves into feeling more in control or into feeling LESS INSANE OR HEAD SPINNING AROUND...CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG HERE, BUT I THINK THAT'S THE main conspiracy we all try to overcome in our brains.