cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deasmatt90
Senior Contributor

Re: Marketing - The Wisdom Of The Crowd?

Scaling out of your position over a period of time, with rules that you stick with! I'm still tweaking my marketing plan, and believe I always will to a certain extent, thanks for sharing yours!
0 Kudos
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

"dead cat bounce"?   what a waste of dead cats!   I`ve got about 30 live ones that get in my way every morning that I`d like to throw off a building and see how far they`d bounce.  🙂

Yes, I am kidding so don`t anyone throw live cats off any buildings.    But you can chuck dead cats off buildings and hope that you take out a live one on the ground  🙂 

deasmatt90
Senior Contributor

Ba Deere, hobbyfarmer, I attempted yesterday to post some actual pics yesterday of support and resistance and also examples of accumulation and distribution but could not. Is there a way? I can post links but no pics.
0 Kudos
Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

Yes, if they are not to large of file size. You may have to resize them.

In the menu bar after you open reply, and are in "full" not mobile version.

You get a menu bar just at top of the reply window, eight choices to the right is a choice of what looks like a mountain scene,

click on that, follow the prompt, and choose where you want to copy the picture from, May have to fiddle around a little to get it as they have changed it a little lately. 

Good luck...

0 Kudos
deasmatt90
Senior Contributor

IMG_0184.PNG

0 Kudos
deasmatt90
Senior Contributor

IMG_0187.PNG

0 Kudos
deasmatt90
Senior Contributor

In reference to the previous posts, this is what makes support and resistance so powerful. positions opened in between these areas are in what is called conjestion areas position holders are being whipsawed back and forth and essentially trapped. This is why you see large price swings at the tops of corn ralleys of 10 and 15 cent in a day. In commodities not only does the large speculators have to sell down their long positions but also buy there short position so for them to do this a lot of congestion has to be created at the top. The trading action has to become very violent.  look back at last years corn rally although small and see if around the market high didn't look a little like a distribution phase.

as for an accumulation phase we are in one in corn. For it to breakout of this phase the market must be tested. 

0 Kudos
deasmatt90
Senior Contributor

The best example of distribution is the top of the /zcu6 chart September 2016

0 Kudos
wrightcattle
Veteran Advisor

Selling commodity products to corporations is not really marketing at all.

Basically you raise some stuff and most tend to take whatever a big will pay.

If the afore sounds wise....well so be it.

0 Kudos
deasmatt90
Senior Contributor

So how do you know when they are willing to pay the highest $ for the year?

0 Kudos