cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Honored Advisor

Re: Mau-mauing the Fed

...... And Obama really had no choice but to grow debt -- but looking at what's going on these days--- a good hard economic struggle might have been good for us and helped him be a president.... He probably got elected because no one else wanted it very bad running head long into recession if not depression.   No snide comments here, I haven't forgiven him for lining pockets with public debt to the level he did or that pie in the sky takeover of health care sham. (Still got an "impossible Ethanol" plant for a reminder ----- And I haven't forgot which president announced "cellulosic climate science" to congress.  At the time we had been reving the economy with fake stimulus so long that eventually someone was going to get caught Lying.)

George was good at driving the car to the emergency room...... but not back home or on a regular basis, he tended to believe the "burma shave" slogans like, "no child but mine" and "Homeland irritation"  .

A whole new department of government doing what three other agencies should have been doing,,, and "no child held accountable".... Obama tried be more liberal than that .... but it was a impossible task.  Healthcare was his only shot.and with the original Clinton care promoter out of the country he gave it his best, standing on one leg of support........most of the rest of the economy was out of the country by then.  And he wasn't going to help on the farm.

Like every president, they do the best with what they are handed.  Congress continues to be a dancing chicken, avoiding the "heat" of responsibility in any way possible -- totally corrupted by political ambition.  If we could only make them all check their political fire arms and all but $4 for coffee, before entering DC, we could see how little constitutional law they really know or can write without hiring a lobbyist to do it.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

The truth of the matter is a politician doesn`t get re elected by cutting goodies. To win the Democrats over you have to promise the most and deliver, to win Republicans over you have to promise to cut, but don`t really cut. 

The debt is so bad and the GDP is so tied to the health of the economy and government that the fact is to cut would slam us into a deep recession and you don`t get elected or re elected essentially promising a recession.  I think most of us are smart enough that we quietly accept that and when our guy or gal is in office, the debt no longer matters.

I know I don`t want my team to be the one`s catching the hot potato. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

So whats the move for farmers......??  Sit back and live like congress(that is not what I meant-- congress is greed /power looney like I get in spring training, waiting for the call)..... massage our debt with the honor of low interest and keep paddling till the old tractor gives it up.??  Avoid the higher inputs and go through the motions?   Back up to cheap crops and low budgets?  Chickens and hogs.... Milk enough cows by hand to keep butter on the table?  

My dad used to tell me about his worst years,,,,, in a new old house closer to highway 50...... where his mom maid 3-4 pies every morning and muffins.  His job was to take something out to the cars that came in.............she wanted to help the hungry kids and didn't want to loose her chickens.  She kept the peaches and apples picked so they couldn't be seen from the road.

Veteran Advisor

Build  the  biGGest  dairy,  chicken ,  hog  outfit  in  7  counties,   THEN  massage  it  with  cheap interest ,   and  lobby your Congressional  Rep  for  all  the  goodie$  to  sustain  it -  maybe  - ? 

Hard work of  yesteryear ,  has  been  replaced  by,  grooming  the  system  - - -   

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Question  -  where  did  the   National  Debt  Clock,  that  was  the  hair  on  fire  topic , disappear  to  on  Fox  Broadcasting  -  ?  or  has  it  been replaced with  the  F  B  T  sign  (  Free  Beer  Tomorrow ) - ?  

There  are  only  a  limited  amount  of  Ambassadorship  positions  available  - ?  

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

true

I think anything that can be used against him is being put in mothballs at fox.  Congress isn't bothering anybody.  And national debt is just not a presidential problem........ to be used against congress at a later time  it is the legacy of congress...... .  Those holy saints are cooking bigger fish. now .... in the  investigations by wackoooos.  Waiting for Schiff to sprout horns or make his eyes twinkle.  Clearly corruption charges and turning up the fire is going to make a nice congressional stew.... By thanksgiving we may see "daffy duck" sworn in.   And most of DACA moving south.  

A decision that says someone didn't have authority to enact their pet programs without public support would be interesting at this point.

0 Kudos
Advisor

Limitless, if you got the vig. Like Newt's slam piece who he was dallyin' with while she was a congressional staffer who's now out honorable Ambassador to the Vatican.

BTW, anybody hear anything from Denny Hastert?

0 Kudos
Advisor

But there will be free beer tomorrow for corporations, well placed lobbies and people making a lot of money.

And people who poison Americans for a buck, given the recent decision to eliminate science from consideration on any EPA decisions.

MAGA.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Well, big farming and cheap interest didn`t just begin in "2016".    Kruse talked about the big dairies  +1,000hd, thing is the big one`s ARE making money.  Just like 8¢ hogs, the big guys weren`t selling for 8¢ and they got all the marbles now and expanding....what maybe 2% of hogs sold on open market and "no hog market test today, due to producer confidentiality" dairy`s headed that way fast.

https://commstock.com/media/

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Kinda  like  selling  bean  meal  to  Smithfield  USA ,  and  then  bru-haa -ing  about Tar-riff-ing  ChiNa   -  -  -

Big  ones  making  $$$$,  might  want  to  give  that  a  re-check  -  as  the  4 - sale  signs  saying  a  different  story -   - 

0 Kudos