cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
k-289
Senior Advisor

Meatpacker Covid Vax Policy

Tyson Foods  stated  today , required  Covid  Vaccinations   for  all  US  food  workers - statement from  company president  -  -  - 

0 Kudos
25 Replies
wrightcattle
Veteran Advisor

Re: Meatpacker Covid Vax Policy

Great, packers needed Vacced a long time ago.

0 Kudos
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

"Covid  Vaccinations   for  all  US  food  workers"  for all US workers, huh?  What about the illegals?   🙂   Packers claim they can`t tell who`s a citizen, how they gonna tell who`s vaxxed?

wrightcattle
Veteran Advisor

Re: Meatpackers IF they really

Do vac workers? 

Never know who to believe in meat.

The packer Lies... So do the workers... Especially the illegals. 

But the spin sounds good.  LoL

k-289
Senior Advisor

Well ,  maybe  they  won't  have  the  excuse  to  cut  harvest  floor  chain  speeds ,  although   employees  shouldn't  have  high  absentee  numbers  -  will  they -  -  -

If  you  don't  have  fats  to  sell , then  why  worry -  ?  

0 Kudos
bruce MN
Advisor

Long gone, late Grandpa was a well known and trusted feeder cattle buyer and a feeder from after the War into the 60’s looked me square in the eye when I was very young and said something to the effect of ‘if you are going to get into the livestock business (which I did) the first ting you need to know and remember always is that the packers lie. It’s a occupational requirement.’

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Slippery slope.

The farmers who raised the stock will be next.

Then they'll come for your guns.

0 Kudos
k-289
Senior Advisor

Always  Lie ,  Ya  , Sure , U-betchya ,  Grandma  Gumm  from Montevideo used  to  say  -Smiley LOL

0 Kudos
Blacksandfarmer
Veteran Advisor

I occasionally deliver hogs to a Tyson plant in Indiana. It will be interesting to see how this shakes out. I am predicting long lines and possibly a shutdown when a lot of the unvaccinated quit. The job market is way too hot to be forcing vaccinations on an already thin labor pool. 

k-289
Senior Advisor

The  deadline  is  October , which   seems  interesting  - - -

0 Kudos