cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
roarintiger1
Honored Advisor

Merry Christmas to all

Just have to say it.....it is Christmas eve you know.  

Just some random thoughts here.  Not as good as Hobbyfarmer's , but here goes.

Farmer bulls have gotten Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Has this ever happened before?  

Production and shipping problems in the rest of the world.

USDA's previous year's yield numbers and carryover numbers are........well.....in question.

Have they been backed into a corner?

Back in 2012, we didn't run out of anything.......so they said.

Will we now?   I doubt it.

USDA's soybean carryout number will never go below 100 million bushels.  They will not let that happen.

It's obvious that the price of soybeans is not nearly high enough to ration demand.  

There's plenty of corn around...but will the price continue to tag along with the soybean rally?

There's also talk that the price of soybeans is going to spur 6 million more acres of beans.

Will corn have to go higher in an acreage battle?

Then there's the pandemic and political influences.  Not going to into any of those here.  Thank God.

Enjoy the higher market prices and take advantage along the way.  Be happy when you make a sale......even if the price continues to rise.  (I really have to remind myself of this)  

I'm also going to thank God for sending his Son to the world as we celebrate Christmas 2020. 

To each of you, I wish you a very Merry Christmas and a safe and prosperous 2021.

14 Replies
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Re: Merry Christmas to all

Merry Christmas Roarintiger, I think we could run out of $12 beans, but we won`t run out of $20 beans, true value lies somewhere in between.  🙂

marketeye
Veteran Advisor

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ONE AND ALL

Marketeye

fwain
Contributor

Merry Christmas BA. I playing violin tonight at Emmanuel Soest Lutheran Church. Celebrating  the birth of our Savior, Jesus. Have a safe New Year. 

0 Kudos
wrightcattle
Veteran Advisor

China

@BA Deere wrote:

Merry Christmas Roarintiger, I think we could run out of $12 beans, but we won`t run out of $20 beans, true value lies somewhere in between.  🙂

China hog herd is expanding from now on. 

SSoooo the Top of beans this round is bout $22.

Users can Maybe run off the small South American crop thru 2021 in the $20 range. 

Times Change...its bout time. 

Hogs are going Up A Bunch Too.

Say $85 to $100cwt Cash Live Hogs later in 2021.

0 Kudos
gurly3801539
Advisor

Merry Christmas.

USDA has had me scratching my head at times. They have a daunting task and I don't have the resources to do it and we have had some really good crops lately, but I think there have been times when the numbers get away from them.  When they tell us there is no demand is there really just not grain in position to ship? Usage doesn't very often go down. Even now the positive bases in the feeding areas looks like corn is not easy to come by. I am not in a big feeding area but we were at .55 below the board at the end of August and at the end of harvest we were at .23 under. That doesn't scream big crop to me. I don't remember for sure which year but not long ago we had a huge crop reported because of abundant rain fall over the entire corn belt, yet the Mississippi was too low to put full barges on. Oh well, like I said big task. I am done being on a downer nowSmiley Wink

We as farmers are an optimistic group so we will be geared up for 2021. I wish everyone good fortune in the new year.  I agree, have a plan, make your sales and stay happy with them. It is always my hope that my first sales are my worst sales. Disclaimer, just watch what I do with marketing and stay as far away from that as possible and you will be okay.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

fwain, violins playing Silent Night, I bet it was beautiful 🙂  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaI8kqdcfp0  

My family missed our first Christmas Eve candlelight serve as my Daughter and i both have colds....and with all going on thought best to skip it.  My Son and girlfriend couldn`t make it home, they have a little "Charlie Brown tree" and are starting their own traditions.  

Here`s a rare Saturday Night Live skit that`s funny, about kids not making it home for Christmas.  🙂

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ytnReUSyrU

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Song my wife`s been singing  🙂

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOVCtUdaMCU

Wind
Advisor

Thanks Tiger,

Your Tidbits are right up there with Hobbies.  

No room,

an empty tomb,

He's coming back soon.

Thank you Lord Jesus

The best is yet to come in so many ways.  Merry Christmas to all from the Iowa Wind.

Had 2* this morning.   A possible major snow storm next week?  Midwest grain movement may come to a halt.

0 Kudos
giolucas
Veteran Advisor

Merry Christmas everyone, I wish everyone a lot of health and happiness. Please Enjoy every moment with your family and friends and I hope we ALL have a better 2021.