cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sw363535
Honored Advisor

Re: Merry Christmas to all

Thanks Giolucas,  Been an amazingly rubber room 2020,,,,, wondered about you and yours several times this year.  Terrible issues all year beginning with those who don't want to work had too.  And those who wanted to work on the farms were not allowed to.  As we all know it went down hill from there...... We spent the year changing the makeup of our farm and messed up my trading account --- we should be back in place soon and anxious for a new year.  Not many things to cheer about going into the year except as stated before,  Our creator and our ability to pray..... I'm enjoying the marathon "It,s a wonderful Life".......... locked in for at least two viewings...... so grateful that it has not been blocked by the anti church Political powers...... so proud of the message it carries about leadership on a community level,  love and dedication to each other and our neighbors, and service to each other and our Country.

I am praying the markets still depend on supply and demand to move price and that congress and federal employees need 2 or 3 years to to figure out what they are doing..... (maybe just hide from covid and let markets work as they were intended without monthly intervention.) But it is easy to pray for too much........

Merry Christmas to you I miss your entries and comments.

giolucas
Veteran Advisor

Hey Sw, 

I miss this rowdy bunch, you and Hobby. Just like everyone we have just gone through one of the worst years of our lives and if that wasn’t enough my wife is battling cancer. As a family we are struggling since MOM is the pillar of the family and I can’t cook worth a crap.  🙂

I’m glad to see prices will bring some profits to the farming community. 

lsc76cat
Senior Advisor

Gio - Prayers and best wishes to your wife for a strong recovery.

In the middle of the mayhem at our house yesterday I looked around the room and gave thanks for the blessings that have been poured out upon us and had the same thought about my wife that you mentioned about "MOM".

She was seated across the room from me and we would occasionally share a smile as kids & grandkids processed the "pile".  There's a reason it's "grandma's house" they go over the hill and thru the woods to get to.

By the way - the 2 year old found the pickle this time.Heart

sw363535
Honored Advisor

Isc76cat,

That is a great tradition.  We bought my dads home place from a family named Brightup.  Their great grandfather had immigrated from Germany and homesteaded on the catty cornered quarter.  I mention it because they are the only family I know who immigrated without relatives and none followed.  They used to check the phone books everywhere they went because if they could find another brightup it was a fairly close relative.   

Anyway their older son of my generation lives in eastern missouri and they have a good tradition where they keep a jar full of change (quarters on down...... )  and every person in the family reaches into the jar one at a time and grabs all the change they can in one hand to  get through the narrow top.... The brightup men had big hands and this exercise is skewed for the younger ladies in the family with long fingers and smaller hands....... there was a special gift for the one who had the most "cents".  One of several group projects designed for grandkids.....   Merry Christmas to the Brightup families in Wichita, St. Louis, and Topeka and their sister Margaret who died far too young.  She taught me what quick hands meant every Christmas holliday.  Memories of family at Christmas are made by Moms everywhere.   Thank you

0 Kudos
fwain
Contributor

BA,

The violin duet is beautiful.  I confess these ladies play better than me but the participation on Christmas Eve was awesome.  Thank you for sharing. 🙂

0 Kudos