cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advisor

Thanks Jen it will save buck time reposting your multitudes

Of frost hype posts.   The experts I talked to are ready to sell it monday.  Maybe I can link your posts in one area monday.  we just got down to 35 here last night.  You don't kill a bean crop with a 35 d3egree low, sorry.

0 Kudos
Veteran Contributor

Re: Midnight 9 - 13 Weather Update

9:30 AM still frost on beans.
0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Re: Thanks Jen it will save me time reposting your multitudes

It's not a matter of kill.  USDA has us forecast for a huge crop - record yeilds, across much of the area that is going to be affected by this frost.  It will take the top of the production off of those beans that are now popping pods out of the top of the canopy, which can add 4 - 5 bushels to an acre.  Since that was already figured into the total, you and your buddies can spin it however and for as long as you think you can.  But this will trim bushels off the final total, a kill or not, and we still end up with less bushels in JAN on the tally sheet.  

It's not over.  Tonight is going to be crucial.  I  hope you took your own advice, and sold, sold, sold until the cows come home Sunday night.  For me, I have no stake in this.  Just experience to share.  If you're wrong, your going to owe a really, really big apology to all those who took your advice.  

I've been talking about this threat for a long time.  You have been talking it down.  We'll see Sunday night, and then into Monday morning.

Jen

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Buckwheat and his experts

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Re: Buckwheat and his experts

LOL - that's too funny Red - thanks for the laugh this morning...

Jen

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Thanks Jen it will save buck time reposting your multitudes

buck, he said it wouldn't happen in September but he was wrong. National weather service in mason city, ia showed 32 at 5:53 this morning which isn't a farmer report, or dew point. In the 6 hour period at 6:53 the report showed a minimum of 31 degrees happened. National weather service data me boy!
All in all though it sucks that happened because I'm right in the midst of it.
0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Gonna say it

on the soybeans, Bucky is probably right...I have been out scouting and will lose some beans, will lose some top leaves, but I think the stems and pods are good for the most part, and the plants should mature. Will know more in a few days.

So I lost some bushels, but not a disaster by any means.

0 Kudos
Advisor

Who are these experts Buck??
0 Kudos
Advisor

cool pic

I love larry moe and curly. 

0 Kudos
Advisor

No frost this am... Looks like Friday is low probability of frost and then the growing season resumes into fall.

Cloudy and cold...
0 Kudos