cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Mike ---- this format

Last week a friend got to spend 4 days in a citation M2, --- his son uses.   My friend is a 90+ age guy who has a lot of hours in a B-24 in the pacific.   Since I have been a pilot of a smaller cessna, I spent a little time this weekend watching a couple of nice pilot videos on U-tube..... an impressive piece of equipment.

Mike I reset my wifi this morning or maybe it is the usual mental wind up that comes from immagining accelerated travel.  But it seems to me like this format is finally sort of "smoother and quicker".  Is that possible or am I just having a "phenomena" moment?  Maybe just getting used to it?

also  I know these "good" fridays come around just once a year, but it is nice to watch a good twins game on a friday evening knowing that up market is going to last a couple of days....... profiteering is already knocking on it tonite...... so we can face a new week soberly.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: Mike ---- this format

Mike = Only thing I miss about the old format is that it was easier to sort out unread messages.

Maybe I just need to dig a little deeper into the settings but I miss being able to go directly to unread

messages without scrolling thru all of them.

sw:  we were on our way back from my sister's place NE of Siren, WI Saturday evening so it was the

3rd inning before we could pick up the game on the radio.  Twins greeted Mr. Anderson a little rudely but

he held them down long enough for the A's to come back.  Twin's pitcher said Friday's game was like

pitching in a rain forest.  Brutally hot and humid.   Quite a 4 game series between 2 good teams!!

Hope all goes well for them with the new little one.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

sw,

Glad to hear that you are having a faster experience on the site. We are making changes to make the user's experience more pleasing. It sounds like it might be working, for some. Thanks for sharing.

Mike

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

lsc76cat,

I'll do some digging on the issue of reading unread messages. Let's see what we come up with, on this end.

Thanks. Happy to help, if I can.

Mike

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

I enjoyed the games at Minnesota so much.  The twins are really a good team.

BA had to face the sun in the first inning and should have delayed the game(it moved away from the mound soon after) but he always wants to work fast.  The first home run was intentionally outside and high, because he was ahead of the batter, the batter hit it anyway.  Second HR was in the middle, curve that fortunately was pulled to left field.  Twins were smart and agressive in first inning.  It just turned out to be a great game,  as all 4 of them did.  A's have lots of flaws...and talent.  Twins are a lineup of great hitters.

BA was happy it cooled off.   ----- yes -- best matchup I have seen this year.    Hope the twins finish strong..

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Mike the faint Bold and not bold on the thread titles is all there is that I can find.

And it seems impossible to go to the latest entry from the topic list.  It tells who made it but doesn't allow access to it, yes to the page it is on, but not to the recents not read.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

If the bubble to the right was for unread replies or somehow both like a color ( 10-4)  meaning 10 total -4 unread that was clickable to the unread messages would be one way it could be much quicker.

Maybe it is there but I agree with Isc76cat.  We need to distinguish so we arent taxing memory rereading.  That worked well on the other format.

For me ,,,, The total number of entries on a subject is not important---- if it is popular there will be pages, Subject line should be the draw.... and of course the author.   Over the years readers look for authors.

( I have always thought participation by magazine authors was very inhancing to the site.  Even just a small comment on the article or a promotion(not an obvious advertisement), a Q & A, etc. -- maybe they never goof off like me but I enjoy Scott, Mike Smith out of Wichita on weather,  on twitter,  ---- not infuring that they don't-- several do, Gil, yourself, Dan, even old dave,  etc have in the past and do occasionally now........ but more seldom it seems.)  you know the stats here ---- it is just an observation that may be wrong.

Jolene's work at the end of the july edition ........ very nice.

0 Kudos