cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Minnesota "shelter in place".

Alternate title "vare are your papers! you must have papers!"  At midnight tonight or Friday midnight you gotta have travel vouchers for agricultural travel in Minnesota.  My day job is "agricultural" so I got a travel voucher say "to whom it may concern". The place I sell hogs also gave me a "to whom it may concern" paper too.  At the check points they`ll have set up, we`ll see if they`ll do any good or if I`ll get sent back home to go back to bed   Smiley Happy   I`m hoping for the later unless I`m hauling my own hogs   Smiley Happy

I`m sure Iowa will follow suit at some point. 

21 Replies
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: Minnesota "shelter in place".

MN has, what, 300 cases and they closed you down already?  Crazy times.

There are definitely some strange goings-on occurring.  Gold is "out of stock" but price isn't skyrocketing.  Nothing is on the shelves at the supermarkets but market prices aren't blowing through the roof. 

Son-in-law is a trucker who hauls anything and everything and said one international customer can't source all ingredients needed to make their products.

Nothing is making a lot of sense.  One upside, though, local medical system finally admitted in print, for the first time, that their hospital shortages are due to fact US outsources everything to China....and the fact that many of their patients' families stole great quantities of PPE from the hospitals.

Highlighted
Advisor

Dow goes up on 3 million jobless claims and grains are down with food disappearing.  Good times , crazy times.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Expert  '''  Board  Room  Leadership '''  the  past  3  decades  has  brought  U S  to  this  entrapped   de$tination   -  -  - 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Just spoke with a senior project manager for a major construction company in MN.

They have been deemed "essential" and none of their job sites in the state have been closed.

But then they have a strong union.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Did  some  work  with  the  Blattner  folks  in  the  past  -  as  it  would  be  intersting  of  today's  protocol  of  procedure in  this  environment -  -  -    

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Here in Michigan we have been "shelter in place" for three or four days now. I haul hogs (deemed essential) for a living, you would think my 51' Wilson livestock trailer with 'BACON' mudflap weights would be enough, but I still have to carry paperwork. The reduced traffic makes trucking a lot easier. The one thing I have noticed is traffic is increasing compared to day one. I really don't think "shelter in place" is sustainable. Let's face it, this virus isn't going away. In order to get "herd immunity" most of us will have to get it or be vaccinated against it, we are just wrecking our economy in the meantime. I have had the alarm go off on my phone a couple times now warning everyone to "shelter in place." I have lived through rocket attacks with sirens blowing in Afghanistan, so a phone alarm isn't a big deal to me, but my wife was a little frightened. 

My feeling is that this virus is real, but the media is manufacturing a crisis and additional fear. We are all experiencing communism right now. You can't post much on Facebook contrary to the coronavirus narrative without it being removed. You can't assemble in large groups even though its our 1st amendment right to do so, and if you pay attention the government is proposing H.R 5717 that puts extreme laws on gun ownership. Sounds familiar, 1930's Nazi Germany anyone....

Highlighted
Advisor

People who see things as you do WERE the gold standard in the 3rd Reich. No Caucasian Christian transportation technicians had anything to fear.  

at least not until the late part of the war when the Reich conscripted danced to near every male under 50 with a usable skill or experience.

if you hadn’t had a job...or a truck,,,, I’d expect you’d have signed up early on for the 3 squares and a cot  it’s not that hard to recruit in a global depression   

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

SPRING like Cure more flu than anything else. 

Supposed to be kinda decent Spring weather end of this week on. 

sooooo enjoy some Fresh Outside Air.  

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Our state's Democrat Attorney General instructed everyone today to squeal on their neighbor and call the police if they think their neighbor is going outside more than they should. 

You would think 911 would be busy enough without all that excessive communism.