cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Monday`s planting progress will show big jump

They say currently 57% of Iowa and 35% of Minnesota`s corn is in the ground, but that`ll be over 90% on Monday.  "Here" all the corn (95%) is planted and I`d say 75% of beans.    I`m watching the 38° predicted for tonight and how the emerged beans will fare.   Our fields aren`t at the 6 foot level at the airport, the 38° can wind up being 30° out in the country.   Had to spot replant some beans last year.   National Weather Service predicts hot/dry summer.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

Re: Monday`s planting progress will show big jump

Finished corn last night with the lights on. (Only because I ran out of seed and it took 2 hrs to get it here)

First beans planted one week ago today are up in pretty little ribbons.

Still 8 patches of weeds to turn into bean fields. Still some wet spots.

0 Kudos
dwillinois
Senior Contributor

Mostly done in our area minus the BTO's 

Getting a nice steady sprinkle this a.m and is greatly appreciated we've missed a lot in our neck of the woods 

Several ac of re plant beans around those mid summer temps and high winds crusted a lot in... calendar is still in our favor so should be ok.

0 Kudos
Blacksandfarmer
Senior Advisor

Here on the Michigan/Indiana line I would estimate around 90% of intended corn is planted, and roughly 75% of the beans are in the ground. My wheat is just starting to head and looks good minus the drown out spots. We had a wet and cold start to the season, but it's been ideal growing weather the last couple weeks.  

0 Kudos
timetippingpt
Honored Advisor

The NWS predicting a hot dry summer pretty much assures that it won't be :-)))))))

0 Kudos
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

The funny thing, I buy the Old Farmers Almanac for their weather forecast and they say "cool & rainy" summer.  I don`t know why I buy it every year, I must be glutton for punishment.   🙂

0 Kudos