cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Re: Money supply

Of course the stock market can do well when a nation has a weak currency.

In the case of the US and our world reserve currency status, perhaps it`ll be better or worse for us?   Before it`s over, we will test Modern Monetary Theory to the max, that is for sure.

0 Kudos
timetippingpt
Honored Advisor

Interesting chart BA, I hadn't seen that one. Not sure what to make of it since it is an amazingly small market and economy. Might be irrelevant and just an example of a monopoly. Maybe Dave has some insight.

0 Kudos
sw363535
Honored Advisor

Fits the opening statement.  We should soon see sd’s bipolar statement denying inflation.

0 Kudos
sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Curious matter that tens of millions are sitting on fat brokerage accounts, a great many businesses had a terrific year- farmers too, and particularly large livestock producers who had cash heaped on them.

And “things can’t get any worse, so do something!!!!”

No, I’m not presently concerned about runaway inflation.

0 Kudos
sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Remember that runaway inflation owing to the unprecedented Reagan deficits and growing money supply that Milton Friedman said was coming any day?

Me neither.

Clocks ought to be required to at least be right twice a day.

0 Kudos
sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

The most defining feature of the modern GQP is imperviousness to real world evidence if it conflicts with ideology.

0 Kudos

Hmm, an interesting chart, I have often met similar ones and have always been interested in it, however, as mentioned above, this may be irrelevant in our time for the reason that the market is constantly changing and moving in a completely unknown direction. Many people lost money because of this, they trusted all sorts of charts and for this reason parted with the invested money. The brokerage account should be free of charts and diagrams, in this case you will get confidence, as you will make a plan yourself and move in the direction in which it is more convenient for you. But in any case, it is interesting and worth attention and study.

0 Kudos