cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

Morning weather update

As I said earlier, I expected this front to die during this morning.  It is.  Will it reform, yes, tonight, but wel south of where it is.  It looks to miss 80% of the corn belt.  There is someone though that is going to love this - it's ECIN.  I see Indiana and points south and east getiing some additional moisture out of this thing.  Indiana could see some 1 inch amounts, and the coverage will be pretty good.  

For the rest of us, though, we stay the course.  A high builds again into the midwest by Sunday.  OK, and here I go putting myself out there.  The Sunday event was, note, WAS, going to be a WCB event.  The high building in over MN and the great lakes is fairly strong, as far as pressure systems we've seen of late at 1019 mb.  I think this moves a little farther west than is currently projected, ad is going to lessen the already meager amounts and coverage that can be expected.  ND south trough KS, IA, MN.  60% coverage at .25", less than 10% coverage at more than 1/2 inch.  But again, this is a few days out, a little early for these kind of predictions.

And after that goes through, more of the same for the entire midwest.  I still need to do some more research on this, and this was somewhat abbreviated.  But that's what I see on my initial take.

One item of note though.  When is the last time that you saw the midwest dry, the rain event is a non event, and the market sells off?

Jen

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

Re: something to do while reading the morning update

EXERCISE FOR PEOPLE OVER 60

Begin by standing on a comfortable surface, where you have plenty of room at each side.

With a 5-lbpotato bag in each hand, extend your arms straight out from your sides and hold them there as long as you can. Try to reach a full minute, and then relax.

Each day you'll find that you can hold this position for just a bit longer. After a couple of weeks, move up to 10-lb potato bags.
Then try 50-lb potato bags and then eventually try to get to where you can lift a 100-lb potato bag in each hand and hold your arms straight for more than a full minute.(I'm at this level.)

After you feel confident at that level,
put a potato in each bag.

0 Kudos
Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

Just needed a smile after that scorcher of a forecast.

0 Kudos
SouthWestOhio
Senior Contributor

We need some rain in Ohio to keep this 200 bu corn on track.
0 Kudos
jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

Sorry for leaving you out.  You'll get something, and farther south and east will get more.  But not like Indiana on this event.

Jen

0 Kudos
ECIN
Senior Advisor

Here's the lastest run from NOAA -- http://www.crh.noaa.gov/outlooks/ind

This go's with what all the privite's have been saying the last few days .

0 Kudos