cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veteran Advisor

My Buyer Says

I do most of my grain marketing through one buyer.  The buyer says there is a fair amount of corn moving on rallies and some buying on breaks.  The buyer gave the impression that there is some uncertainty due to lack of USDA information but there is still grain moving.  One question is the status of the SA crop. Another is the US ending report.

Prices aren't high enough for me to sell yet.  I have some sell offers out but they are aways away.  I'll have to watch and maybe adjust them over time, but for right now I'm not in a hurry.  However, the size of my operation is smaller in the last couple of years.  If I was at my previous size I might be sticking a toe in the water.

Any have any comments on what their buyers are saying?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Honored Advisor

Re: My Buyer Says

yep...... I was just discussing that with my son.  He had just returned from listening to a market analyst and noting it was the most positive viewpoint on grain marketing he had heard in several years.

I made the same point............. We sold export beans every week throughout the year. (when 0 sales to China led all news stories)  We are now within less than 10% below sales level export in beans that we were the last couple of years.  The news now has a lot of good potential for the coming year.

There is no reason to be in a hurry to market unless you can get $4.30 corn fall delivery contracted or beans over $10 hedged.  Then I would get a toe wet.  Let this year work itself out just maybe we will be able to see what is actually moving the market for a few more weeks, before the smoke screen moves back in from the east......  I am not a fan of government supported day traders.

0 Kudos
Advisor

Re: Higher, just no way round it,

Drouth in BR on the beans sooo once again beans to the teens.

All of USA Agri has missed the Dow relationship to Agri market prices for over a year now...soooo

lets talk pent up money and pent up demand.

say corn to $5+ and 500lb steers to $300 cwt by fall of 19.

the Whole Deal is moving Higher...just no way round it now.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Well, take it for what it`s worth but a NGMO bean buyer that wanted beans to be held 3 months after harvest, wanted them delivered much earlier.  Corn either wasn`t piled outside or the small piles were cleaned up last month or will be cleaned up shortly.   I do realize that North Central Iowa is the new fringe cornbelt and we don`t matter anymore. Western North and South Dakota is the new garden spots and they have piles, wide basis and no bids, but "here" anyway, our supply might make you think $5 corn is just around the corner   Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Supposedly China's corn stocks have been lowered by 100 mmtons.     And poof.........it is gone.  

Boy, that was easy.Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

I'm up here in tim buck two sp. and don't see the corn piles like a year ago local e plant has no pile

0 Kudos