cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

N Iowa farmer

Just wondering how the crops are in your neck of the woods?  Haven't seen you post in awhile.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: N Iowa farmer

Silver,not worth a **bleep**.I don't think we are going to flood the streets of woden this year.We are done with our corn but there a few acres to be planted of corn yet.A week of sun it might be a different story.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Feel for you guys out there with too much water!  Usually it is us here in nw ohio with too much!.  But this year we are looking excellent.  Slightly dry but they are calling for 2" in the next 3 days. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Hell silver no need to feel for us out here.We are all big boy's and it's just part of farming.It's like Mrs NIA said just be happy you got your health.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: N Iowa farmer/92 day corn or beans?

Say Northern Iowa Farmer, we still have alot of unplanted corn left in my part of Iowa. What do you think would be a good choice? Try and plant 92 Day Corn or just switch to soybeans? Thanks!!!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Silver if you want to feel for someone take a walk though Mayo.We went to visit a freind there a couple day's ago and lot of them won't even walk out the door.So a little water don't mean **bleep**.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: N Iowa farmer/92 day corn or beans?

All depends on what you have for Ins and what inputs you have down. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: N Iowa farmer/92 day corn or beans?/Thanks!!!!

On one field I don't have any nitrogen down and the other field I do have nitrogen down. Thinking of trying 92 day corn on the 160 acres with nitrogen down and beans on the other 160 acres. I would say 20%+ of the corn still isn't planted in my part of Northern Iowa. This is shaping up to be 1993 all over again if you remember that terrible year.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

So very true!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: N Iowa farmer/92 day corn or beans?/Thanks!!!!

I would bet that prevented planting would pay you the best if you can't get the corn planted. No seed expense no fertilizer no harvest expenses (drying hauling) . If you have a 185 or better APH I don't see anyway beans would even come close to PP.

0 Kudos