cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advisor

NE and Kansas rain event coming?

http://www.hpc.ncep.noaa.gov/qpf/p168i.gif

Also, looking at the radar looks like it is starting to fire up out West.  We ended up with close to 3" here central IA for the last parts of three days.  I hope you all get that "latter rain" to finish your crop.

Like always, some will and some will not.

Are there some dry spots in the eastern corn belt?  We need some sunshine and heat here.

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: NE and Kansas rain event coming?

Wind, I am located a couple miles north of the Indiana line. Crops look decent here, but about a half hour south of me the corn looks like it did in 2012, short, burned up and not much yield potential. It looks like that until just north of Indy and then crops look a lot better.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Contributor

.50 of rain here in nebraska

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Should be right on top of sw and gettin' close to Shaggy 'bout now! - bkadds - you getting a drizzle or is that just virga?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Almost, looks like it's still about 45-50 miles west of me but I'm liking what I'm seeing.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Nothing here....and hasn't been for
weeks
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor

Blacksandfarmer......just west of you here in SWMICH doesn't look good for much rain here the remaining of August. Beans will take a hit here on yield.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Advisor

I had a hunch there where some dry spots out east.  What types of soil do you have there?  We can go three weeks without rain with normal temps and show very little stress.  With faimily in the East I have zipped by  you, on 80, many times over the years. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Wind, it must be nice to go 3 weeks without rain and not worry about your crop burning up. We are only about 10 days from drought at any given time on our farm. For the most part, the ground on our farm is flat and sandy loam. You can tell exactly where glaciers stopped long ago, because we have a hilly, rocky, clay belt that skirts this area. I do farm one field where the glaciers stopped, and it can be a rough one!

I am located a couple miles north of I-80. The dryest areas of Indiana are south of I-80 until you get about 45 minutes north of Indy. I dont know exactly how big the dry area is or how much or how little effect on national yield it makes, but a lot of that ground is 200 bu dirt that will be lucky to make 100.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Wind the southern end of this weekends rain event fizzled after the initial half inch.  This one could have been better.

0 Kudos