cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jec22
Veteran Advisor

Re: NIA update

VR, do you read your own posts?  Bearish, bearish, bearish.   Beans never got your memo.  Old corn hanging tough. 

0 Kudos
vrbuck
Advisor

Guess you didn't read the twenty dollar beans and three dollar corn comment in February. Any monkey could see beans taking off with the bean corn price ratio last fall.
0 Kudos
Buckley_HF
Senior Contributor

Can u please find a link to that comment and repost on here. TIA
0 Kudos
kraft-t
Senior Advisor

North Iowans are not laggers. It seems to be that most want to be first done or very soon after. Perhaps it is weather related and emerging with cabin fever from the long hard winter makes them want to get planting.

Btw. Is Idalivered's beans blooming yet. I'll bet he plans on double cropping soybeans. What say you?

0 Kudos
farsider
Senior Contributor

50% Iowa, who's dragging their feet? Smiley Happy 53% overall, not too bad. I'm above the 48% reported Mn but behind what a lot of the neighbors have got in but I held up when the cold and wet was forecast last weekend. Time will tell if that was the right thing to do but experience of poor germination with similar conditions other years kept me from finishing up, plenty of time yet for timely planting and the hope for big yields.
0 Kudos
vrbuck
Advisor

As always I am always willing and able to back up my comments.  BTW the date was wrong, it was in march.

http://community.agriculture.com/t5/Marketing/Not-Looking-Good/m-p/177561#M15992

0 Kudos