cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Contributor

NIA update

Sorry farmerjoe just been to busy and have not had time to report.We are looking really good yet but man we sure could use a good rain.I think we could go another two weeks without a rain if we don't get the heat we had last week but a rain tomorrow would be better.If NIA is going to make up for you men out east we need a rain soon.We have a couple day's of soybean spraying and next week start spraying our headline.I will try and keep you updated as things should start to slow down.If we can hooks some rains we will flood the streets if not in two weeks it's going to get ulgy.   

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Senior Advisor

Re: NIA update

What's your forecast.......
0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor

tiger forcast dont look good for rain as of today.Small chance this weekend with heat not being a factor.A week of rainy weather would sure be welcome. 

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

In Mn north of you, could be good. Rain will determine how good. Corn on sand/ gravel didn't want to stick around for the rain though, not a surprise. Can be better than last year if it rains, can be worst than last year without it. Quite insightful huh!? What can I say, I'm not as bold as Brock.
0 Kudos
Veteran Contributor

Here I was counting on Wooden to source corn to fulfill my forward contracts, and now I'm getting real nervous. 

But is Wooden a contra-indicator of the market? 

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

Woden is a small town in NC Iowa that fills there streets with a bounty of corn. The reason their streets get filled is because they are all rich guys and don't sell any. Although in research of that town I discovered they got their very own sexual preditor in the area. So don't go there without expecting the worst.

The only wooden I know is John Wooden  famed basketball coach at UCLA.

0 Kudos