cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

New Format

Folks,

Hello. I wanted to drop a note about the new format. I hope that you all give it some time to soak in. It is a change, I understand. We are just trying to make all of our products (both desktop and mobile) consistent with one another. There are some bugs to workout, yet, so don't kick the dog on this.

We've all been through this before, not just once, but many times. So, it happens to all businesses for many different reasons. You all have adapted before and I hope that we can work with you to smooth out the rough spots for you.

Let me know what questions you have with your navigation experience. In the end, it's a step forward and we hope to prove it to you.

Thanks, again, for all that you do for this site and keep it up. Let me know what I can do for you, that I'm not already.

Thanks,

Mike

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Senior Contributor

Re: New Format

Pics are worth a thousand words.  I wish there was a easy way to post them from our smart phones.  We are getting some dry weather just now.  Who would of guessed that fires from Canada would be blocking the sun after all that rain.  

Advisor

It took me a few minutes to figure out that it was suppose to look that way but now I not so confused anymore.  I like the more open format but didn't you have notes and messages on the right hand side? 

Like you say, we'll get it figured out eventually. 

Veteran Advisor

Wind,

There will be an easy way to post pictures on the mobile site soon. You are going to like it.

Thanks,

Mike

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

locations would be nice

Senior Contributor

This is nice 👍, new format?  We need a new market.  As long as someone is getting payed.  So we’re at the same prices from the last three website formats? Ohh sorry lower, just seen the close. JOKE

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

I've looked all over the new format and still see no way to change my email on file.

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

This new format has the same problem as the old one.  And that is popup ads that cover the screen at random spots, and block the content that I want to read.  Pop ups are bad enough even when they are to the side or bottom, but when they are in the middle of the screen, its absolutely annoying and maddening.  This is on my mobile phone.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

This is just my opinion, the "new site" isn`t an improvement.   I find that I have to click too many times to get to where I`m going.  I want something that`s quick without the fancy bubbles and bells that I don`t understand...(ok I understand them, so no one explain, they`re worthless like teats on a boar) .   I might have 15 minutes to check if someone replied and then reply back to them, so I want simple.  With this new site, it`s too much reading and clicking.   I want to click on one page and see who posted in "cattle" who posted in "farm business" and how recent.  The old site you had everything you needed on one page and then click from there.

This is like a loader joy stick is in your toolbox, the gear shift is on the drawbar and the steering wheel doubles as your radiator cap and none of it accessible from the drivers seat.  If you know what I mean.   Smiley Happy

Veteran Advisor

There are more 'clicks' to see what you want to see, if toggling between different sections of the community.  Miss the 'go to' feature of the old format, could that be added to the new format?  

I went thru and marked everything as 'read' in all topics, so now I can see from the community page if there is anything new anywhere.   Under the old format, could quickly see what was new and who was replying to whom -- now, not so much.

Personally, don't see any benefits to the changes, mostly just changes.  Given a choice, I would prefer the previous format.

0 Kudos