12.8B

3.4B

Peak corn
0 Kudos
11 Replies
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: New maps

Wow, are you one of those pump-and-dump guys?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Advisor

Mt--have a link to share?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Contributor

What do you see on the maps that translate into slashing a billion bushels off of corn production?  I do think the 45 BPA yield for beans might be a bit of a stretch at this point.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Advisor

Pump and dump
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Well MT, I can`t speak for the others but if you could make 1 billion bushels disappear off this corn crop, that would be worth more than a steak dinner to me  Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Contributor

I second that

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

This crop is huge, 3.00 dollar corn here to stay!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Good luck with that one, Panterafan...the cure for low prices is low prices.  With milk at $20.00 +, hogs at 130.00, and cattle at 150.00 - and then add in more people alive today than have EVER been on this Earth, you really think demand is going to stay where it is?  Better think again.....and you better think about what the possibilites are with just one crop failure most anywhere in the world.  Remember - the problem with being a world economy, is that we ARE a world economy.  

I'm sure those that died during the Irish Potato Famine of 1845 - 1852  never saw it coming - "We will always have plenty of food."  

Can we beat back anything out there with modern science?  Maybe - but then why do we have stores of seeds in cold storage areound the globe, and why did I have to spend a week in the hospital last year because of an infection.  We should be very happy and proud that as American Farmers we have (possibly) a great crop coming.  But maybe instead of gloating about the possiblity of $3.00 corn, we should look at the possibility of a SUSTAINABLE VALUE on the corn, where producers and end uses work in harmony with one another, instead of trying to cut the other guy's throat.

Jen

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Ninety million acres, modern genetics, recipe for lower prices. Just one mans opinion.
0 Kudos