cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advisor

Re: Since you brought it up.

I do think there's some panic setting in in the deep bowels of The Blob.

With current findings only, they can easily survive an impeachment effort. But 5 more years of this increasingly erratic leadership?

And there is much, much more. (Impeachable) stonewalling of witnesses from the executive, friendly judges and an official state press organ may work for a while. But they have to know that there is much more in the past that can come to light and God Knows What ahead in the future.

Advisor

Re: As for Haley's motives, she's being too clever by half.

As any good politician knows, you don't want to be the one standing when the music stops.   After a year, Haley probably rightly figured that this administration would eventually blow up (aka Bolton's hand grenade) and didn't want to be there when it did so she jumped ship.

But now, she sees her chance. The trick is to make it seem like she's the natural choice when dust clears. She has to do what she can not to alienate trump's core voters and yet at the same time not appear to be trump's designated follower.

In other words, she wants to be there to pickup the pieces but not get her hands dirty doing it.

The real question becomes, will there even be a Republican party to inherit?  Remember what happen to the Whigs after the Civil War.  The Whig party became so fractured that it simply ceased to  exist.

Advisor

As far as the thread goes I think there's more to the resurrection of Haley from the Witness Protection Program where she's been hiding out until the coast was clear.

The hard part about getting rid of Trump is that a Ford type offer of blanket pardon would be problematic politically- it certainly was for Ford- and a POTUS can't pardon away state charges. 

I really do think that the Senate is going to look long and hard at the consequences of 5 years of Trump without anything anything but sycophants around him and look for an off ramp. 

I'm not sure where they'll find it.

BTW, I read where there's nothing in Senate rules to preclude a closed door trial. Like the House, the Constitution allows them to set the rules for the proceedings.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Just wondering how much money it's gonna cost the citizens of this country to continue this impeachment crap for another 5 years?

Just think of all the good they could do for the people of this country with all that wasted money.

BTW, the prices offered for corn and soybeans are way too low when comparing them with the inflation of what inputs for farmers cost.   Hey, just bringing this thread back to the marketing opinions.  Smiley Happy

Senior Contributor

Were all just pawns to the few power mongers of the world if you have enough money you might get a ticket but I wouldn’t bet your life on it 

0 Kudos
Advisor

Come on fellas she doesn’t deserve the attention your giving.  She loved  this administration so much she resigned.  End story.  I’m sure she is a respectable person however when it started heating up she got out of the kitchen. To many of her colleagues in jail or going she got rattled.  Now, trying to save face, sorry not buying it.  Absolutely not a quality of a leader quite the opposite.  Love this market reaction to this exceptional harvest weather a lot of progress being made.  4 records in weather broke in last 24hrs here in Chicago land not even a whisper.  ( climate change) hard to deny with these facts. Lol

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

One more question what do you suppose the end game is with the trade dispute and also with each political party guess that’s 2

0 Kudos
Advisor

I think the possibility of a major realignment of trade with China is permanently botched. We had one good shot.

We've also lost out on a lot of other stuff while we've been on the MAGA snipe hunt.

A dem POTUS and congressional majority would try to rejoin the international order but a lot of damage has been done.

I think there will be a modest agreement including some ag purchases- approximately the amount that China needs and wants.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Time ----- see even you can be right ..... You can tell because the birds  start singing.

The assumption of superiority.   And interviews like that one continue to look like spoiled fit throwing.

They all keep hoping the voters get sick of trump.... and they keep making him fun to vote for.

That Dean Foods bankruptcy might have been spured by their buying into the organic blue sky.

NBC ........ continues to self destruct.  Maybe they need to go back to editing 911 calls.

Honored Advisor

Our trade with China was "botched" the year we started running $200,$300,$400 billion annual trade deficits with the communist nation. If the Democrats 2020 campaign slogan is "Let`s go backwards and you farmers`ll get 50¢ more for your beans!"...sure at the EXPENSE of the REST of the economy. 

Latest news oughta Hong Kong

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-50400338  

After this latest hissy fit of the Democrats fails, what devilment will they have planned for the rest of the year before the election?

Democrats = communists 

0 Kudos