cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advisor

Nobody really thought China was going to buy $50 billion of Agricultural goods.

It looks like trump was the only one who thought China was really going to buy $50 billion in ag goods.

How did we know that?  Because they repeatedly told us.

Now, they've told the trump administration again.

The Wall Street Journal first reported the roadblock in the trade talks, adding China is hesitant to commit to a specific amount of agricultural products in the text of a potential deal. China has agreed to buy up to $50 billion in U.S. farm goods as part of the so-called phase one trade deal, President Donald Trump claimed last month.

15 Replies
Veteran Contributor

Re: Nobody really thought China was going to buy $50 billion of Agricultural goods.

Have not a clue what you just said

Honored Advisor

Re: Nobody really thought China was going to buy $50 billion of Agricultural goods.

I guess the Chicoms want tariffs on  $250 billion more of their junk products.  That`s fine with me.

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Agriculture should be the bull and media and pundents who keep talking about China  should be getting the horns.

IMO ---   adam shifty's committee and china (reuters) have the same level of value..... they say whatever they think will work in their political favor..... and I don't appreciate the press and fools who do their bidding for them

We got 40-60% of the lost soybean sales to China back to us in the last year from new business pushed our way as china bought more from Brazil....Better customers.....  They did not stop buying beans because of ASF...... they bought more from Brazil because the Real was in worse shape than the dollar.   Our sales are not down by the level of china's buying.   We all know that.... our carry out in beans has dropped more this year than any one year in the past 30 years...... We all know that..... usda even says that...... So why does Al lace his comments with negativity ??  

The rest is politics pure and simple as it has been for decades.. the hating Liberal Democrats want "you to Feel" the economy to be down going into an election and the Conservatives want "you to Feel" the economy growing going into an election.   For Al and every other ambitious pundent that needs the media voice to grow his "label" he has to be anti higher prices and anti trade deal to get air time or a place in print at SF.  It makes no difference where the markets go, --- Opinion just has to make you feel bad about whatever it did... even a bad crop year like Harvest19 needs to be used to make you feel bad about your vote in 2016 in the midwest.  It all has to be ......... 

Congress is presently having political demonstrations using whatever script they can find.... American politics is scared.  If they loose another presidential race and the close majority they have in congress (which they got because republicans wouldn't what the voters asked for)  we will get to see, in our time, a political party fail.  Maybe already have...... I pay to read only one market commentator.  The day he becomes a political promoter, I won't.  One guy feels secure enough in his assessment of markets to admit that the federal government does not control the futures markets.   

Imo...... we need to reassess what we think marketing is and where to look for it...   Maybe as a group farmers in the US are thinking in 1960's terms of marketing.  That is sad because the "market" for our production has been decimated by Congresses fight against small business through Climate nonsense regulation.  We have fewer and fewer buyers for our production.  And no matter how you window dress it, that means we are selling into the strength of international unregulated monopolies, facilitated by the same congress.  We get small token subsidies from them dressed in hate speech, and the buyers get to write their own regulations while congress is on a "snipe" hunt.

Honored Advisor

A suggestion for a new poster child for the democratic promotion for the 2020 election

replace  th-1.jpeg   with   11291975_982959341716881_1307946821_n.jpg

stop digging your own grave.........  at least try to be likable.

Advisor

Appears that former president Obama just gave BIDEN the old "your campaign is over" ...

A NEW DEMOCRAT is now on the scene to save the day ---> Deval Patrick -- who has Obama's full backing.

Obama Biden BFD (Win McNamee / Getty)

I need more popcorn.

Honored Advisor

@freedom1493 wrote:

Appears that former president Obama just gave BIDEN the old "your campaign is over" ...

A NEW DEMOCRAT is now on the scene to save the day ---> Deval Patrick -- who has Obama's full backing.

Obama Biden BFD (Win McNamee / Getty)

I need more popcorn.

“ You do remember that Epstein didn’t kill himself right?”

Honored Advisor

This is the Democrats` fault for playing politics.  Had the Dems presented a UNITED front against the Chinese and deal would`ve been inked by now and the Maersk ships would be fully loaded with soy headed east.   But no, we got this dog & pony impeachment show that no one can point to a crime (high or misdemeaner) committed...so it`s down to whistleblowers testifying to hearsay.  Now if you`re China, would you make a deal or "run the clock out"? 

Every Damnedacrat that voted for this waste of time and money should be voted the hell out of office!

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

It is what happens when you own the no credibility press, and still need the taxpayers to pay for a year long political advertisement going into an election... staged like a saturday morning cartoon...........in congressional chambers.  The best entertainment money can buy. 

Every time I think Trump has made an unimaginable goofy statement,  The democrats in congress form a huddle and go find wonderful examples to prove him right.     Todays goofy statement example  "Deep State"

Unregistered Voters can't be as stupid as congress thinks..... If they are... then the credit for Trumps election does not go to his opponent.  And "she had that going for her" Bill Murray

In agriculture,  we will know when Trump has lost.  Usda will notify us as to which international grain company  location we are to deliver our production to and when.  Just like congress told us which Drug corporations to take our prescriptions to.  "Negotiating us a better deal for us all". (us and congress who gets the kickbacks and gets taxpayer funded health care)-- a better deal.?

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

I came in to grab a cup of coffee and instead of GMA on tv, that pencilneck, bug eyed freak was on pounding his gavel ....I flipped him off everytime I saw him, sometimes giving him the doubles.

0 Kudos