ihtractortherap
Senior Contributor

Re: Note to staff follow up?

Don't hold your breath! Net nuetrality!
0 Kudos
roarintiger1
Honored Advisor

Like every other farmer that reads this publication, I would expect more from an organization that claims to promote successful farming.   Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Mizzou_Tiger
Senior Advisor

Hey. I got a response down below!
0 Kudos
Mizzou_Tiger
Senior Advisor

I would encourage anyone interested in this topic or have a thoughts to add to place them in the thread below were daves comments are.
0 Kudos
sw363535
Honored Advisor

The promotion here is advertising not agriculture.

That is not likely to change.

ihtractortherap
Senior Contributor

BOOM!!
0 Kudos
elcheapo
Veteran Advisor

fyi

just for fun, I contacted one of the largest coops in the nation (they are now "our" coop).

first, I have to take 1,000 gallons

second, no price advantage

three, no "pumps" available, must be delivered

four. they are considering if they will even continue to offer it

Houston..........we have a problem

0 Kudos
Mizzou_Tiger
Senior Advisor

SW.....gotta start somewhere. Maybe just maybe

Elcheapo.....you present one of the big problems or should I say disconnects. Our own industry won't support itself let alone go on the offense. And IMO part of that is they are scared and ignorant (I mean that in a good way, from the standpoint they don't know any better or don't know what they don't know). We need to educate and promote and push. Not lay down and take it.

Not sure what the price of ethanol is right now but I'm betting it is as cheap or cheaper than gasoline on a rac basis

There is zero reason this country shouldn't be at E30 with blender pumps on every corner. And your post shows one of the reasons it isn't.
0 Kudos
sw363535
Honored Advisor

absolutely MT....... It is a blend....... 90/10 or 70/30...... either way the product making up the "majority" side of the equation is going to dictate the blend amount at the pump.  

My suspicions are that we are already at your 70/30 or 80/20 or close to it, occasionally....   when the ethanol is cheap enough to put more profit in the retailers hands.  

I am not sure the mandate is enforceable at higher requirements anyway.

I personally would rather have economics pushing ethanol use instead of big brothers mandates.  Too many uneducated opinions get listened too in DC. (and few with the strength of character to make decisions that are good for the country in spite of opinions)  

0 Kudos