Senior Contributor

Re: A recent source claims

BA Deere....the cheaper beans you mention were Jan thru Jun of 2016.

beans were $10+ per bu from July on that year.

soooo  perhaps either do more prudent homework or get off quoting a dishonest obvious agenda.

Honored Advisor

Markets go up and markets go down, I`m not stepping in the wallow.   Here is my source, do with it what you will.

https://www.macrotrends.net/2531/soybean-prices-historical-chart-data

Veteran Advisor

Maybe  a  different  look  would  be - WHY  DOES  USA  IMPORT  SOYBEAN  MEAL  AT  ALL  - ?

2016  -    317 Million metric  TON's 

2017  -   449  Million Metric  TON's

2018  -   318  Million  Metric  TON's   According  to Mundi Index  - ? 

Honored Advisor

Wow! That is a very good question, k-289! I had no idea the US imported even a ton of meal, then I though maybe there`s some contract that Canadian feeder pigs had to be fed with a certain sourced meal in some cases or something like that.  Also Carolina hog operations might source Brazilian meal cheaper and I`m sure there`s some of that.   But 19% of US imported meal comes from China!   Tariffs anyone????  I sure HOPE that Chinese meal into the US is tariffed!

https://atlas.media.mit.edu/en/visualize/tree_map/hs92/import/usa/show/2304/2017/

Veteran Advisor

If  you  do  some  surCHING  lots  of  BIG   $$$  Funny  -  Happening  -  ? 

I'm  sure  maybe  the  $ellout   folks  from  hog-alina  have  $everal   Rea$on$  for  the  Import$  -  just  like  the  PayLE$$  Corp.  example  -  -  -

Ross  Perot  was  way  ahead  of  the  curve  -  and  a  waLL  won't  stop  the  ''''  $ucking  $ound  ''''  of   $$$$  to  foreign - corp.- headquarter- destinations  -   -   -  

Honored Advisor

Well, we should`ve elected Ross 30 yrs ago, then we wouldn`t require the medicine now....and make no mistake we`re stage IV we`re down to asking Joel Osteen to say a good word for us.  Kinda late when + half the country thinks driving Amazon out of NYC and 70%...no 90% tax brackets will fix this.

Senior Contributor

Just watch, that imported Chinese meal is the vehicle that will likely cause the USA to break w ASF.

to bad the USDA does not Do anything helpful vs their continuous mode of Harming USA Agri. MO.

Contributor

We mix our own hog feed. Six months ago, two of our ingredients were imported from China.  As African Swine Fever started to spread throughout China, I asked our supplier about the reliability and biosecurity of those products relative to ASF.  He said " We trust those suppliers."  But about two months ago when the price of those ingredients jumped up dramatically, I looked at the bag labels to see that now those products are produced in the United States.  I am relieved, and gladly pay more for a secure product.