cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shaggy98
Senior Advisor

Re: Now that corn prices are below $ 4.50

Take care of yourself 425. Hope you insurance coverage works out for you.
0 Kudos
425Cat
Advisor

Thanks,

You know life gets wierd sometimes. Wife and I busted our butts for 29 years got the farm paid off and some cash in the bank getting ready to coast for awhile and now this! If you guys are young with kids shut the combine down now and then to spend some time with t hem. I know its gut wrenching sometimes but do it.

Longcreekfarms
Senior Contributor

Best of luck 4 and a 1/4. Hope everything goes smooth and works out for the best possible solution. Maybe this healthcare mess will finally get all the kraftys in the country to see what the rest of us are mad about.
0 Kudos
lsc76cat
Senior Advisor

Prayers and best wishes 425.  You are so right about priorities.  It's just that sometimes my grandkids want to be in the combine with me.

"Beware the barrenness of a busy life."   Socrates

0 Kudos
Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

425, my thoughts and prayers go out to you that you have a successsful treatment for the lymphoma. My own father was diagonosed with lymph cancer when I was still in school, and he was younger than I am now. This was almost 40 years ago, and he prayed to live long enough to see his kids through school and he did get a decade of life with the technology available back then. Be optimistic and I think your chances for many decades are good. You are probably right about the 24D link, my dad practiced mainly organic weed control with 24D the only chemical control he really ever used, and I imagine that was the culprit then, too.

Life is something to be thankful for, a good self help book I read decades ago during a bad spot in my own life is called Finding your Strength in Difficult Times, by David Viscott. One excerpt from the book, talks about the glass being half full or half empty. Viscott writes that you should not look at it that way, and try to see that your glass is really overflowing.

None of us know how many days, weeks, months or years we have left and our legacy should be of one that enjoyed what life gave us, and that we did our best. FIght the good fight and set an example for your loved ones and friends.

I hope and pray that progressive liberalism is dealt a fatal blow over this insurance fiasco, too, and that America can actually get back to doing what it does best.

0 Kudos
hardnox604008
Advisor

Shame on those who are causing you additional stress when you have a lot to deal with. They should be reminded that there are real people affected by this tuff, not just a lot of hypotheical bloviation.

You can't be denied insurance under the law.

However under the old laws they could close your pool to new entrants, raise rates until everyone who was healthy went elsewhere and then dump you onto the state high risk pool. Happened all the time.

0 Kudos
425Cat
Advisor

Thanks for the kind words
0 Kudos
425Cat
Advisor

So if that were the case I could lose my doctor as he is out of my county yes???.
0 Kudos