cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veteran Advisor

OK you narcissistic crop guys!

Whats up wth all this praying and different incantations for rain?

SOme of us who work for a living are trying to put up hay.  I do not appreciate the fact that you couldn't wait a meesly 24 hours so I could get my hay up.  Like always you guys only think of yourself! LOL

We baled up a few racks of hay and decided to go eat supper so now we can get out there a chop the last 30 acres tonight. I am dog tired but no rest for the sicked! LOL

Better go.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Veteran Advisor

Re: OK you narcissistic crop guys!

Like I said before JR you need to come back to Branch county and try cutting hay. We are very dry here.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

JR,what kind of hay,do any of you guys in that area use orchardgrass?

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

I told my Cousin to cut his hay but he is bein lazy! LOL

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

MIne is Alfalfa. First cutting hay averaged 177 RFV.

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Wel did I P. OFF the crop farmer god's?  Two hours in chopper plugged.

0 Kudos
Advisor

How does that saying go??? "If it has **bleep** or tires you're gonna have trouble with it!!!". LOL, I have wondered at times about whether machinery actually has a soul...and a mean one at that..LOL.

...*I knew I shoulda used the dairyman's version (teats) when I was trying to express myself so eloquently, LOL"*

0 Kudos
Advisor

second cutting only making 8-900# per acre here.  alfalfa in full bloom only 8-10" tall

0 Kudos
Veteran Contributor

second cutting only making 8-900# per acre here.  alfalfa in full bloom only 8-10" tall

I'm getting a lot less than that near Napoleon.  On a part of a field I just baled I figured my normal custom rate charges would be $139.80 for mowing, raking, and baling.  The hay I got off will be sold for about $58.25.

I wonder if the alfalfa will just grow through if I don't bother making the 2nd cut.  If we get rain will the third growth start even if 2nd wasn't taken?

0 Kudos
Advisor

..Not an expert here, but I think if you don't cut it...it won't regenerate for the third cutting...it will just languish and turn ugly.

0 Kudos